2.

"I am here for further instructions," Nathaniel voiced. (Y/n) was seriously concerned at his lack of emotion—he didn't exactly hold much of it in the beginning, but now he was like a blank slate.

"It's all for your darling, Margaret, was it?" Fyodor asked, albeit he already knew the answer. Nathaniel's pupils noticeably dilated. "Yes. I will hand you further instruction on your way out."

"And who might...this be?" Nathaniel asked, eyeing (Y/n) with a sort of contemplation. They shifted uncomfortably underneath his examining. "They look new and quite out of place, if I may add."

Fyodor tightly smiled. "Consider them as my...employee." From within his pockets he withdrew a small envelope. "Here are your targets. You are to report to me after every kill, yes?"

"Yes," Nathaniel droned.

"You wouldn't want poor Margaret suddenly going off with the wind one day," Fyodor reminded Nathaniel. (Y/n) shivered at the general aura—they definitely wanted to get out. "Also, to answer your question."

He stepped towards (Y/n), placing his fingertips against their smooth forehead.

"Watch, Nathaniel," Fyodor chuckled in sadistic enjoyment. With a flick of his fingers, a pulsing, roiling pain zigzagged into (Y/n)'s mind. They let out a startled gasp, pain lancing them and rendering them immobile. After a split minute of writhing on the floor, (Y/n) looked up from their sweat ridden area, face wet with tears, and cussed at the male. Nathaniel's mouth curved down at the obscenities.

"You didn't have to use me as an example, bastard," (Y/n) snarled, lunging towards Fyodor. He simply sidestepped, allowing them to overshoot greatly.

"It is better, with showing rather than telling. It's not obvious, but it is at the same time. Am I right, new assassin?"

Nathaniel was already stuffing back the instructions in his pocket, already having read it. "There's no way your Crime and Punishment doesn't work on them."

"It still hurts like hell," the individual groaned.

"At least you are not dead on the floor," Nathaniel pointed out, and while (Y/n) did agree with him, they also still held some bitterness towards Fyodor.

Fyodor knew, and he simply smiled.

"We will meet again," Fyodor said to Nathaniel, almost like a warning. "Do not disappoint me."

"Of course." And he was gone.

-

(Y/n) looked at the hallway, scrunching their nose at the dark appearance. "Fyodor, as much as I put my faith in you, I don't know if I should go with you. I'm pretty sure I'm just a liability."

"My plans never fail," Fyodor responded, eyes tracing over his shoulder to lock with (e/c) hues. "Are you questioning me?"

(Y/n) jolted at the fear that consumed their body. "Yes—I mean, no."

His laugh was like silvery cobwebs, spinning and weaving in and out of the area. When he finally stopped chuckling, his eyes seemed darker than ever. "This will show you the extent of my power, youngling."

He grasped their hand and pulled them into the alleyway, (Y/n) letting out a soft oof as they collided. He thrummed with a foreign energy, some kind of atmosphere the bartender could not place. It wasn't pleasant, nor horribly unpleasant.

"Now, let us walk," Fyodor spoke, and so they did. Eventually they hit a wall—a dead end, and (Y/n) quirked their eyebrows.

"What is the wh—"

"Dostoevsky," a new voice spoke. A man sauntered out of the shadows, eyes glinting. "I'm glad you could meet me here, alone." Then their eyes landed on (Y/n). "Oh?"

"They are my secretary," Fyodor smoothly replied. (Y/n) cringed. Secretary? Bullshit. They just approached Fyodor to get out of this world. That's all Fyodor needed to know, at least, otherwise he'd keep them under lock and key if he knew any better.

"Ah. That's quite unfortunate," the Port Mafia man said. He smiled and extended a hand. "Nice to meet you..,?"

"(Y/n)," they said, barely ghosting his fingertips in an attempt to avoid shaking his hand. The man laughed, locks of chopped hair shaking as he did.

"Fantastic, fantastic! My name is Ace, the Port Mafia executive. Wanna know what my ability is?" Ace asked.

I already know, (Y/n) thought.

"Something with jewels," they said, not wanting to reveal their knowledge. Regardless, both men turned to the individual, one more intrigued, the other extremely surprised.

"Really? How did you know that?" Ace asked, curiosity sparkling in his eyes. He snapped his fingers and a shuffle enamanted from the shadows behind him.

"Karma," (Y/n) and Ace called out at the same time. Ace flinched with surprise, and Fyodor simply shrugged, still calculating his next moves.

"I assume you know him, then?" Ace asked.

"Don't assume, because it's gonna make an ass out of 'u' and me," (Y/n) said. Obviously the joke flew over the executive's head, as he approached Karma.

"I can—"

"Enslave them with the gem collars, and kill people for gems."

"Well, not exactly. I turn their meaningless worth into true gems, you see. Humanity is hopeless, so I will bring value to them! Hahaha!" The laugh was totally unneeded at the end. (Y/n) sent a pleading glance towards Fyodor, but he just stood rock still next to them. "Anyways, Karma, please knock them out now. I'd like to make a deal with the devil."

"Wait, Fyodor," (Y/n) started, but was met with a sharp blow to the back of their head, effectively knocking them out.

The last thing they saw was Fyodor mouthing trust me before everything flickered into darkness.