10.

Nakahara Chuuya didn't know what the hell (L/n) (Y/n) was, or where they were from. Yet somehow he had found them collapsed in an alleyway while he was scouring the vicinity for an escaped prisoner. Normally he wouldn't have even attempted to interact with a person in the predicament (Y/n) was in, but it really wasn't his choice to engage in the conversation.

It was just so goddamn creepy how he knew absolutely nothing about the individual, yet they knew almost everything about him. From his tastes in wine, hell, even his partnership details with Dazai. It was too intimate.

So once (Y/n) spilled out over half of Nakahara Chuuya's life in a nice ten minute monologue, the Port Mafia executive was to say the least mildly terrified.

"Who the heck sent you?" Chuuya asked, veins twitching at his temple. "I don't even know you, but it seems like you know me."

"Would you believe in impossible concepts?" (Y/n) responded. Their hair was blended in with the shadows of the brick wall they leaned against.

The man scoffed, looked into their eyes. Oh shit. The person wasn't kidding. They were serious.

(Y/n) told him about how they had been isekai'd into this universe of Yokohama, and that they had to escape. Chuuya didn't know why, but he could infer a million things. (Y/n) was hiding something, but for some reason Chuuya didn't want to press the matter—it felt like walking on raw eggs, afraid to see if the next step cracked and splattered a mess everywhere.

He was almost sure that the secret they kept, if ever released would absolutely ruin his world—maybe not just his, but the entire vicinity of Yokohama, maybe even a wider expanse of ability users.

"Do you have an ability?" Was his next follow up question. They shook their head in denial.

"I wish, though." Then (Y/n) brightened. "I just need a single page of a specific book. Mori might have talked about it."

"This doesn't sound like a Chuuya job, kid," Chuuya muttered, suddenly feeling very drained. He had been out searching, and he knew he had to retreat back to his quarters soon and report his failure, which would be accompanied by a huge ass stack of paperwork, and disappointed glances from Kouyou, maybe even a lecture from Mori...Chuuya was a grown man, and yet he still needed a glass of Chardonnay to calm his jitters.

While that train of thought zipped through his mind, (Y/n) had been scrunching their face in distaste. "You're gonna say this is a Dazai job."

"I know," Chuuya said, but what he meant to really say was something more like yeah, no shit Sherlock. Smooth. He turned to hide his scowl. "But you probably don't want your secret to be revealed, lest be revealed to Dazai Osamu."

"I can...tolerate him," (Y/n) admitted, "but lowkey I want to feel smart, okay?"

Their mutual distaste for Dazai was a perfect panacea. Chuuya stuck out his hand for a handshake. (Y/n) grasped it. Their hands were warm.

"Contact me if you need anything. Just approach the ADA. If I involve you in the Mafia, I don't think you'll be getting away as easily."

"Of course."

"And (L/n)?"

"Mhm?"

"Don't die before we meet again."

Im tired lol
School hurts as usual how many people have said that exact line lol
I apologize for short chapter, it's like midnight here and I have a couple tests tomorrow
I'm still on a hiatus. You can check my profile for more info on the about tab or whatever
Also I barfed this chapter. It wasn't even supposed to exist lol
Peace.