Chapter 5 | All I Wanted

Stan and Kyle walked home together, it was silent as they walked together. All Kyle wanted to do was grab Stan's hand and walk with him holding hands embracing love for what it is. But Kyle shook his head softly.

          He does not love me Kyle thought sadly. What ever makes him happy makes Kyle happy. If he was happy with Wendy then he could go be with Wendy.

          When Kyle first starting loving Stan, he was confused. He thought it would go away, but it never did, it just grew stronger and stronger.

          They walked in silence. Kyle kicking the pebbles up the street as they trotted in silence. Stan kept his head low to the ground, tears threatening to spill.

          Stan pulled his head up when he saw the familiar sign to Starks pond, his favorite place in town. His quiet space.

          "You wanna maybe go around to the pond for a bit? I need to let off a little steam" Stan asked, in a quiet voice. Barely audible over the sound of the wind rustling in the trees. Shaking the red autumn leaves onto the street.

          Stan waited for Kyle's absentminded reply, taking his eyes from the cracked side walk and peered at Kyle's mind set facd, staring dead ahead.

          "Sure, I have nothing to do today anyways" Kyle replied turning his head towards Stan and giving him a soft smile of encouragement. .

           Starks pond was always a special to Cartman, Kyle, Kenny and Stan but the place was more special to Kyle thanks to that one beautiful December night two years ago.