𝟙

Monday 2nd May 1988
8:17 am
'Adalia! C'mon you're gonna be late' Called her mom.
'One second!'
Adalia replied happily, pulling her high waisted jeans over her hips, hastily buttoning them up.

She hopped down the stairs and towards the door, she slipped on her black combat boots and opened her red front door heading for her mom's baby blue Ford Capri

She hopped down the stairs and towards the door, she slipped on her black combat boots and opened her red front door heading for her mom's baby blue Ford Capri. She climbed into the front seat and made her way to her new high school; Westview High.

   ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

8:28 am
As she arrived at the school gates she had a sudden surge of excitement run through her veins and she let out a shrill squeal which startled her mother before making her laugh.
'Are you excited?!'
Her mom asked excitedly.
'Uhh duh!'
Adalia said sassily, flipping her bright pink hair.
'Well, have a good day!'
Her mom said happily.
'I will!'
Adalia replied with a smile before stepping out of the car and making her way towards the entrance.

✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:✧

She walked up the steps and suddenly felt nervous, counteracting with her previous excitement. She walked down the hallway noticing the silence. It was almost too quiet.

'Excuse me miss, are you the new student?' These words suddenly brought her back to reality as she turned to see a tall women wearing a striped blouse and a red pinafore

'Excuse me miss, are you the new student?' These words suddenly brought her back to reality as she turned to see a tall women wearing a striped blouse and a red pinafore. She seemed uptight and spoke down to Adalia over her black horn-rimmed glasses.
'Yeah that's me!'
Adalia replied awkwardly before looking down at the floor.
'Well, I'm Mrs Wilson the school secretary, follow me please.'
And with that she turned quickly on her heel and sauntered down the corridor, Adalia following closely behind.
When they reached the end of the hallway, Mrs Wilson turned into a room and sat down at the desk in the corner of the small room. Adalia followed suite and sat down in the seat opposite her.
'Name please?' The secretary said.
'Adalia Grace'
'Age?'
'17'
'Thank you.'
She said in a monotonous voice.
She looked through the clipboard she had in her hands and followed the names with her finger until she found Adalia's name.
'Ah! Chemistry is your first lessson, I'll show you the way!'
yay! my favourite!
Adalia thought to herself sarcastically.

                         ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:✧

After about 3 minutes of walking they reached the science lab. Mrs Wilson knocked on the door three times before hearing a fed up 'Come in.' She twisted the handle and pushed the door open in one swift movement.
'I've got a new student for you!'
Mrs Wilson said, sounding bored.
'Oh right, Adalia is it?'
The chemistry professor said not looking away from the work he was doing. He wore a white lab and had clear safety goggles fixed over his eyes.
'Umm there's a empty seat next to Winston, you can sit there,'
he said with a fake smile.
'Ok.'
Adalia replied stiffly making her way over to the boy with curly hair that had been pointed out to her.
'Hey.'
He said with a small smile,
'Adalia is it?'
'Yeah and you're Winston.'
She replied.
'How do you know my name?'
He questioned suspiciously squinting at her.
'I'm a witch!'
She replied laughing. ' Just kidding the professor told me. What's his name anyway.'
She was now asking him the question.
'Oh that dick? His names Mr Stephens.'
He replied.
'Oh ok.'
Adalia said, not knowing how to carry on the conversation.

                        ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:✧

That day carried on with Adalia not speaking to anyone and eating her lunch in the bathroom, alone. She didn't mind though being an only child kinda takes it's toll on you. She walked out of the school gates at the end of the day, and waved to Winston on the way to her moms car. She got in the front seat and waited for the questions from her mother.
'How was it?'
She asked nervously.
'Fine, mom.'
Adalia replied with a smile.

                       ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:✧

She got home and collapsed onto her white bed,
Eh could've been worse
she thought, before falling asleep, dreaming of the next day.

  ✧・: *✧・゚*:・゚✧*:✧