Meeting

One month after Naruto's sixth birthday, Kakashi was promoted to Chunin.

An entire year went by right under the blonde's nose, and she was getting better and better at kenjutsu. Naruto found herself training with Kakashi and Minato more often while Sakumo was on duty and her Academy classes were over. Even her "loser squad" was growing stronger, having either Minato or Sakumo teaching them a little something here and there. The blonde even got over her heinous speech impairment, and if she mispronounced something it was usually because she was being too lazy to actually speak properly.

A time came when Naruto and her friends, (that includes you Kashi) were seven years old, and Minato came by the Hatake compound on a sunny Saturday, Kakashi's day off. Coincidentally, Sakumo was off too, and he was in the kitchen preparing lunch for his little hellions. Obito, Guy, and Anko were busy for the day, but they'd promised to come by the next day to tear up Sakumo's house.

The littlest Hatake and his blonde sparring partner stopped beating the stuffing out of each other and greeted the blonde teen that was excitedly making his way over to them across the koi garden.

Naruto's brows rose in silent question as she noticed exactly how flustered her teenage father was.

"Maa, hey Sensei." Kakashi called.

Minato skidded to a halt before the children, cheeks bright pink.

"You guys won't believe what happened today!" He exclaimed, beaming like the sun.

Naruto chuckled, propping her hands on her hips. "What happened you dork? Spit it out already and tell us!"

"Alright alright, you know that girl I told you about?" Minato asked.

Kakashi's eyes crinkled in a particular fashion, telling both blondes present that he was smirking beneath that mask of his.

"You mean Kushina-san? The girl you've been pining after since your Academy days?" The Hatake asked slyly.

All the blood drained from Naruto's face.

She stretched out her senses, ignoring Minato as he went beet red and began sputtering.

'I know that chakra...' Naruto thought, stomach twisting with dread. 'How could I have not noticed it so close...?'

Kurama sighed.

'I knew you wouldn't be able to avoid her until you were old enough to handle an influx of my chakra.'

"Y-yes, well, she finally agreed to go out with me..."

"After years of being shot down." Kakashi piped up.

"Oh hush you brat. Anyways, I want everyone to meet her so..."

"You brought her over." Kakashi said helpfully.

Minato grinned, and Naruto began to panic.

'That's your leftover chakra.' The blonde thought in horror. 'She's in the kitchen right now. Kami Kurama... Mom is in the freaking kitchen! What am I gonna do!?'

'Well for starters you could calm down.' The bijuu offered flatly.

'Are you crazy!? I could kill her by syphoning the rest of your chakra, and you're telling me to calm down!?'

'Yes I am telling you to calm down!' Kurama snarled. 'Do you want to notify everyone in the vicinity that you've got something to hide? Kushina won't recognize that my chakra is leaving her when the time comes, but she will become ill if she gets any closer, so make up an excuse and leave.'

She didn't even need to make anything up because she was feeling a bit faint. Her chakra shuddered in its coils, filling to the brim as sweat began beading along her brow.