Weirdos

"Look! Look Naru I drew you a picture!"

Naruto turned to Anko with a grin, the purple haired girl was grinning sharply, holding up her artwork; a result of the free time the class had been rewarded for finishing the agenda early that day.

Naruto's smile deflated slightly, and she cocked her head to the side, blonde brows furrowing slightly in befuddlement.

"That's... that's a very nice chupacabra...?"

"I-it's a toad." Anko said, expression crushed.

Naruto tilted her head in the opposite direction.

Nope. Still looked like chupacabra. A grievously deformed chupacabra.

Obito couldn't hold it in anymore and burst out into peals of laughter.

"I-it looks like a turd!" He howled. "It's green and everything!"

"Obito you ass!" Anko shrieked, throwing a handful of crayons at the boy, only for him to duck out of the way, causing Guy to take the art utensils to the face instead.

The green clad boy rolled his eyes good naturedly and cast a smile at Naruto, who returned the gesture.

"Honesty you four, please don't make a mess." Akira-sensei called to them, dark eyes half lidded in exasperation as he looked up from the magazine he was reading behind his desk. "Class is almost over, so try and control yourselves alright?"

Obito grinned winningly.

"Sure thing Sensei. You know we'd never go out of our way to cause you trouble."

Naruto and Guy snickered, sharing another grin when the young Inuzuka teacher rolled his eyes heavily and went back to his reading. He was still sore about yesterday, when Jiraiya crushed him with his toad summon, and none of Naruto's friends had seemed to care much.

"Naru, it does look like a toad though, right?" Anko asked, dragging the amused blonde's attention over to her.

Seeing the purple haired girl's put out expression, and knowing that Anko had put effort into the drawing, Naruto got up from her seat beside Guy and rounded Obito, shoving him aside and ignoring his protestant "hey!" in order to steal his seat beside Anko. Propping her elbow on the desk and one of her cheeks on her left fist, Naruto smiled.

"I really didn't know what it was at first, but the only turd around here is Obito."

"What!"

"I'll hang it up in my room when I get home today." The blonde offered, feeling warmth bloom into her chest when Anko snorted, her mouth twitching into a small smile.

"Thanks Naruto."

"Don't sweat it, I love it." The blonde said, accepting the offered piece of paper with Anko's colorful artwork on it.

Naruto's blue eyes rolled up when she felt someone bonk her on the head. The blonde tilted her head back, until she could see Obito's pouting face from upside down. The boy huffed and slapped her masked cheeks gently in reprimand, before pinching them and pulling them apart, causing the blonde to wince lightly.

"M'not a turd." He told her seriously, making her grin as he twisted her cheeks about.

Guy snorted behind them, before saying in an amused tone, "Maybe, but laughing at Anko-chan was pretty unyouthful of you."

Obito released Naruto's masked cheeks from his stinging punishment.

"Alright alright." The little Uchiha conceded, rolling his eyes. "I'm sorry Anko. But seriously guys, she makes fun of me every chance she gets."