Chapter 8: The Tacet Spider

Authors Note:
I thought The 'Tacet Spider' would be a good fit as tacet means silent in Latin. Anyways enjoy the chapter.

You and Gwen jumped out of the window after you had put on your fresh Spider suit. You and Gwen climbed up the flatiron building. 

You looked down from the top of the building

You looked down from the top of the building. "I-i don't want to do this...." You said to Gwen as you turned to her.

Gwen glares at you. "Then you don't want to be a spider?!" Gwen slowly walks to you and grabs your suit by the spider cress on the suit and pulls you to her and then pushes him off the building. 

Gwen: "It's a leap of faith..."

Gwen waits not looking down to the floor for you. After five seconds you still hasn't reappeared at the top of the building. Gwen rushes to the edge of the building worried and looks down to the ground only to nearly be met by a knee to the face from you. Gwen jumps back and sits down and you lands a few metres behind her.

(That is your signature land when you are pissed off)

Still on one knee facing in-front of you "Never push me off a building again...."

Gwen sighs in relief. "You have spider-webbing now and you can control it.. and your learning faster than I did..."

Y/N: "Well I do have you as a teacher..."

Gwen sighs "Yeah you do..."

Y/N: "What's wrong?"

Gwen:  "It's just about Peter.. but I don't want to talk about it..."

Y/N: "O-ok... so what do we do now?"

You were both interrupted by a scream coming from the alley way. You and Gwen both jumped up and went to investigate it. You and Gwen jump down to be met by Black Cat. 

Black Cat: "I see you have brought a friend with you Spider-Women

Black Cat: "I see you have brought a friend with you Spider-Women." Black  walks towards you and moves her finger dragging it down from your chest while purring, but before she could do anything else you pushed her off of you. "Meow! A feisty one you are.. you're lucky cuz i love them feisty.." She winked at you.

You could see out of the corner of your eye that Gwen's face went red when Black Cat got close to you. Gwen then coughed and stood up more straight with her hands on her hips "It's two vs one, your outnumbered." she spoke out

Black Cat gave a glare towards Gwen "Am I? Wow you thought i couldn't count." she snickered and then went to attack you and Gwen. With your quick thinking you webbed black cats foot to the ground only for her to roundhouse kicks you while breaking free from the webbing and then throwing a smoke bomb and disappearing 

Gwen runs to you to check if you were ok. You rubbed your rib where she kicked you.

You groaned at the pain, you could tell that it wasn't broken but it still hurt like a bitch. 

Gwen then hugged you, "I'm so sorry that I got you into this so early.." she started to sob into your neck. 

"I-it's ok, I should always be ready for this now on.." You get up and look around for Black Cat. "Does she always get away?" you sighed..

Gwen looked up at you, "Yeah she always does.." 

Authors note:

And end scene. First encounter with Black Cat and definitely not the last. What do you think of the story so far and of the nickname 'The Tacet Spider'?