PART EIGHT

A/N: At this point I should change the title to Avengers Academy: Plot Convenience

- Sam -

"Alright, mother-" Fury stopped himself. "Listen up."

Every high schooler gathered in the gym to only sort of listened to Fury.

"This is the last week you have before a two week winter break, which makes you sound weak. Who needs a break?"

Beside Sam, Steve laughed, probably agreeing. Steve was that type of person.

"So, for after break. I have put you into final groups and you will have to deal with them. We will have a tournament and whoever wins gets free pizza every Friday for the rest of the year." Now, everyone was listening. Just give children food as an incentive and they'll shut up and do whatever you want. Well, maybe some people shouldn't be able to know that.

"I'll post the list outside the gym in a few minutes. First team will fight second, third will fight fourth and yada yada yada. Every day, there will be a new schedule, but one team has one less person cause not everything is always fair. Don't kill each other." Everyone cheered.

"If I don't get a wizard or a god, I'm suing," Sam told Nat who snorted. Natasha always had the best reactions.

After pushing through the crowd to see who was on what team, Sam saw that he was on team one, Pepper as his captain, and Wong and Grandmaster as his other teammates. They were the team with one short team member, but they had a pretty good team so it didn't really matter.

"Fuck," Natasha said. "I know nobody." Her team was captained by Pietro Maximoff and had Carol, T'Challa, and Jane Foster.

"Pietro?" Steve suggested.

"Still."

"What about you, Steve?" Sam asked.

"Team leader is Erik Stevens, which isn't bad and I have Valkyrie, Clint, and Darcy. Good mix of brains and brawn," Steve nodded to himself, clearly already thinking of strategies they could use to win.

"I wish we were at least fighting each other," Natasha complained as they headed to lunch.

What a pure thought of friendship.

- Tony -

If Tony got a boner during one of the fights, it wasn't his fault. First of all, his team was fighting Pepper's first and second, Stephen Strange was on his team. The two sexiest people in the entire school (besides him, obviously) were bound to arouse him.

Not related, the other people on his team were Laura, Hope Pym, the daughter of a math teacher, and Victor Von Doom, some creep. They still had a chance to win, right?

"Stark," Fury pulled him over before he could make his way to the cafeteria for Taco Tuesday.

"Make it quick?" Tony snarked. He just wanted to grab a damn taco and work on his and Bruce's project.

"Calm down, Stark," Fury said like his job required him to say it to get paid. Tony noticed that Strange was also pulled aside. "One of the middle school kids is going to be shadowing you two, okay." It wasn't a question.

"Why us?" Tony asked.

"Randomly picked, Stark," Fury said. "Plus it just worked better if you were on the same team."