Brynjolf x Reader

Request by TheSarcasticRed <3

It was a cold day in the Thieves Guild. I shivered as a cold gust of wind from the closed doors made its way in.

"B-Brynjolf!" I called. The red haired male walked up to me, a little surprised that all I was wearing was a tank top and shorts.

"Yes, lass?"

"Why is it so dang cold in here?!" I yelled, teeth chattering. 

"You're wearing summer clothes. Maybe if you changed into warmer clothes you'd be more-"

"I'M NOT CHANGING!" I shouted.

"I'll get you a blanket." He said and left.

"RUNE!" I shouted. Rune walked up to me, a smile on his face.

"Hi, Y/n! What did you need?" He asked.

"I'm COLD!" I yelled. Rune frowned and gladly hugged me to warm me up.

"....Thanks." I said. Rune nodded.

"Anything for my best friend!" Brynjolf came back, a blush on his face. Was he...possibly...Oh, I don't know....jealous? Because it's not like that would be cliche or anything...

"Rune...." He greeted.

"Hello, Bryn!" Bryn gave him a glare, then Rune left.

"Here's your blanket." He calmly draped it over my shoulders, smiling. He held onto the blanket as it was on me. He stared into my eyes lovingly.

"You know, lass, I..."

"Bryn get your butt back to your desk. Sapphire needs you to tell her what houses had been stolen from and what houses hasn't been stolen from. Or something." Mercer said. Brynjolf sighed. He got up, letting the blanket go, and left.

"RUNE COME BACK I'M STILL COLD!" Rune ran to me.

~

After Sapphire returned, Brynjolf came back to see me asleep. Brynjolf saw me shiver and sighed.

"You're just never warm."

"Yeah." I mumbled. He jumped.

"I thought you were sleeping?!" He yelled.

"I was.... But your loud walking woke me up." Brynjolf grabbed my hand.

"Sorry, lass." 

"Nah, you're fine,...I was having a nightmare anyway." Brynjolf frowned.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Um...yeah,..." I sighed. "The Guild was being attacked... and uh...fire was everywhere. I heard you scream, and saw you being stabbed by the attacker chief, and ...you fell. I sobbed and tried to get to you, but I couldn't. I the felt a stinging sensation in my chest, and saw an enchanted ebony greatsword being stabbed into my back, coming out through my chest." Bryn looked devastated. He wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me onto his lap.

"Please, continue, lass. If you want to." I nodded and leaned my head on his chest.

"I didn't die, though. Instead, I felt lava-hot scaled bleed through my skin. I was becoming the World-Eater...and then I had no control. I killed the Guild." I teared up, then felt a warm hand on my cheek, wiping the tears away.

"Lass,..." He rested his head on mine, sighing sadly.

"Brynjolf, am I a monster to the Guild?" I looked up at him. He frowned more, tears brimming his green eyes.

"Of course you're not, lass. You're the healer of the Guild." I sniffled and snuggled into Bryn's chest.

"I am the healer.." Bryn stroked my cheek, making me look into his eyes. He leaned in, then...

"Hey, Bryn! Guess who's birthday it is!?" Rune shouted.

"GO AWAY!"

"Okay..." Rune left sadly. Bryn hugged me tighter,  nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck.

"B-B...Brynjolf..." I stuttered out.

"Yes, love.." He kissed my cheek.

"What....are you doing..?" Brynjolf laid me back, smiling.

"Spending time with my lass." His voice was low. I blushed a this, then relaxed in his grasp. I turned around so I was facing him. He glanced at my lips for a second before leaning in. I leaned in too. Our lips finally met, and we both closed our eyes.

"That was...amazing." I whispered. Brynjolf smiled.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to kiss you, lass."

"I have some guesses."

"HEY BRYNNNNNN-"

"I SAID GO AWAY RUNE!"

610 words~