Chapter 6: Return of the Oracle

A/N: Another title for this is "The Third Great Prophecy"

Flashback

Pyrrha Nikos was looking for a dress at a store when time seemed to freeze and green mist seemed to appear out of nowhere and a figure draped in ancient linen who had braided brown hair and wise eyes, wearing jewels of all kinds and the figure said, her voice sounding feminen, "Pyrrha Nikos... I have seen your future. I have seen your fate. You will die because of Ozma's mistakes... Remnant will fall and your friends will lose hope. And it all starts with your death."

"Who are you?" Pyrrha asked fear lacing her tone. "How do you know these things, that only I should know?"

"I am the original Oracle of Delphi," the figure replied. "I know these things because of who I am just as you know your fate because of who you are."

"How do I escape it?" Pyrrha asked the Oracle. "How do I make my own fate?"

"You know exactly how to, Pyrrha," the Oracle replied. "Become the newest Oracle. Become the one person who you need to be. Not the Champion, but the teller of futures, who do you choose to be?"

Pyrrha then looked directly into the eyes of the Original Oracle and said, "I accept this role. I pledge myself to Apollo, God of Oracles. I open my eyes to the future and embrace the past. I accept the spirit of Delphi, Voice of the Gods, Speaker of Riddles, Seer of Fate."

"Thank you, Pyrrha Nikos, Reincarnation of Rachel Elizabeth Dare," the Oracle said before the mist thickened and was absorbed into Pyrrha through her mouth, eyes and nose and the Champion of Mistral almost fainted as she felt the Spirit of the Oracle take hold and time resumed once more.

"I-I changed my destiny..." Pyrrha muttered. "But I can no longer be a Huntress. Or else the world won't have an Oracle..."

Pyrrha then looked at a dress, took it to the counter, bought it, before leaving and heading back to Beacon.

Flashback ends

That was a few days ago, now, Pyrrha was at the dance wearing a beautiful red satin dress with a golden circlet around her head when she saw Jaune and Blake walking in together remembering what happened between the two.

Flashback

It was right after Pyrrha got back from shopping, when she saw Jaune talking with Blake and said, "Hi Jaune. Hi Blake."

"Hey Pyr," Jaune replied. "Did you find a dress?"

"Yeah I did, Jaune," Pyrrha said. "Hey um Jaune?"

"Yeah?" Jaune asked.

"Would... Would you like to go to the dance with me?" Pyrrha asked as Jaune rubbed the back of his neck and said, "Um... I'm sorry Pyr, but I already asked Blake and she said yes."

"O-Oh," Pyrrha said as she looked at Blake and said, "I hope you two have fun."

"Pyrrha," Jaune said reaching out for her, but she just goes around him and heads to her dorm, where she closes the door and begins to cry, her heart broken.

Flashback ends

Pyrrha wiped a tear from her cheek as she watched the two begin to dance when a few minutes pass and she felt the Spirit of Delphi take over and she walks towards the Arc Scion and the Cat Faunus and says, her voice sounding thousands of years old, "I am the Spirit of Delphi. Speaker of the Prophecies of Phoebus Apollo, slayer of the might Python. Approach seeker, and ask."