Ex 1

May 5th, 2019
Tappahannock, VA
Christopher Maurice Brown:

"Yo Chris!" Quees shouted from the balcony of our child hood home. I turned around giving him my attention. "Ma said get in here and blow out these candles nigga! Aye you straight 30 years old big bro!" He shouted downing some more of the Henny in his hand and I chuckled.

"Slow down before you hurt ya self, yo Rihanna made it?" I asked as I made my way up the steps.

"Shorty just walked in the house, said meet her in yo bedroom after y'all done blowing out the candles." He said as I made my way through the door.

"Chris you cannot see the cake yet go away!" My mom shooed me away from the table and I laughed backing away. I threw my hands up in surrender.

I was so happy, I just turned 30 and i have a wonderful ass girlfriend and a great family. "I'mma be upstairs and I'll come down when y'all are better prepared." I say backing up more I then turned around skipping steps just to make it to her faster.

I wanted to marry her, I was going to marry her. Today would be the day I propose to her, I just had to she's been with me since we were 19. It don't get no better than this, I made my way into my old room seeing her pacing back and forth.

"Rihanna, what's wrong sweetheart?" I asked her chuckling.

"Chris I know.now is the worst time to do this to you and I thought I would be able to wait a bit longer but I can't I leave to go on your in 2 hours-"

"Baby whatever it is can wait until you get back, I want ask you something myself."

"No Chris this can't wait." Her island accent was adorable, everything about her was adorable.

"Okay but just know I love your gorgeous ass." I say with a smile, but when she didn't do her usual blush I felt my heart stop. "Is everything okay?" I asked growing concerned

"Chris I want to break up." She whispered not even giving me eye contact.

"N-no what did I do? I-I- can fix it, please don't go." I begged, what did I do? Did I not call her enough? Maybe she thinks I'm cheating.

"You did nothing, there's someone else." She admitted. "Look I couldn't bring myself to do this over the phone I-I have to go." She pushed past me making her way out the room.

"Can we talk? Rihanna please i can be better." I say as I followed her down the stairs

"Chris just let it go." She says as we made it down to the living room, I followed her to the front door.

I fell to my knees, "I'm on my knees, please don't leave me baby please." I say by this time tears were streaming down my face and I hadn't even noticed my whole family staring confused as to what was going on. She was the first girl my mom had ever liked, my dad told me you get this kind of girl and you never let them go.

"Bye Chris." Was all she said before she left out the house. I let my face fall in my palms sobbing, I felt somebody touch my shoulder.