Cashby - Pretty In Your Dress

Title credit: Pretty In Your Dress, by Jakewolf

AUSTIN'S POV

"What even?" Alan sighed, sitting gently on a wooden kitchen chair. His hands rifled through a rather large brown paper bag, pulling out articles of clothing and scrutinizing them. For a moment, I stopped where I was in the doorway, feeling fresh and new from my recent hot shower. Feeling spacey and mesmerized, I just... watched him. His hair had been growing longer lately, left uncut, untamed, unadulterated. Delicate, red waves crept at base of his head, licking a little down his neck and brushing his angular jaw; I let myself fall in love again at the sight of him.

Cold splashes of water dripped down from my hair onto my shirt, making little dark grey spots on my shoulders. Light from the kitchen window filtered in and fell across his form. I stood 10 feet away. Unnoticed.

"What's that?" I asked, walking through the doorway, pretending I hadn't been there for the past minute or two. He looked up, where I joined him and stood beside the table. Alan watched me for a moment with utter adoration, his wide, pretty eyes devouring me whole, all for himself. It put warmth in my stomach.

"Check this out." He giggled, standing up and dumping the bag out onto the table. "Jessica dropped it off. She thought I'd want to 'try them'." He quoted her, looking at the clothing as though it was a ludicrous existence. My eyes swallowed in the sight of tight tank tops, pink v-neck shirts, ripped jean mini shorts, black 5-inch high heels, and some other various skirts and shirts. For a moment, I couldn't drag my eyes away from the pile. My mind conjured images that I wasn't proud of, and I just let my sights rest on the soft, steep dipping v-necks.

The shiny material of the shoes caught my eye, though. They were jet black, with thin heels. In my head, Alan wore them, standing naked at the foot of our bed. Greedily, I imagined how his legs would look in them. His round, perfect ass cheeks peeking out ever so slightly from beneath the shorts.

"I think I'm just gonna give them to the Salvation Army or something." He shrugged, and put it all back away.

"N-no." I said suddenly, then decided to play it off as a joke, and laughed. "Maybe you should try them on first." I chuckled, but a bead of sweat appeared on my forehead. He giggled, looking at the options, standing up and making a silly face. In one fell swoop, his shirt was on the floor, and he was pulling one of the v-neck shirts over his head. Gulps coming from my throat could have been heard all over the apartment.

"This is really my color." He snickered, staring down at his own body. The fabric clung to him like Saran Wrap, hugging every bone and muscle, dipping to the middle of this chest, and giving me a lovely view.

"W-what about the shoes?" I mumbled, watching him helplessly as he laughed.

"Yeah, right." He muttered, pulling the shirt back off and tossing it into the bag. "I'll give them away tomorrow." He shrugged. I struggled to find words, because I was unsure of how they'd sound. How could I ask him to keep them? How could I ask him to put them on for me? How could I possibly demand any of that without sounding crazy?

"Okay..." I mumbled, feeling heat creep across my cheeks. Promptly setting the bag down, Alan sauntered away, walking into our bedroom.

"I'm gonna get ready for work, baby." He called to me, closing the door behind him.

"Alright. I've gotta drop by the store anyways. I'll see you later." I called back, and he opened the door immediately. Standing in his boxers and a shirt halfway pulled over his head, he looked at me questioningly. I assumed he hadn't finished getting dressed yet.

"Don't I get a goodbye kiss?" He asked, obviously joking, but something still in his voice sounded hollow and distraught; it made me know he loved me. With a quiet smile, I walked over and enveloped his frame into my arms, resting my chin in his hair like how I loved to do. Leaning in close, I pressed my lips against his, feeling him smile and respond delicately. It was gentle, like feeling a kitten's lips on your palm as it eats from your hand. He smelled like air conditioning, and warm bedsheets fresh out of the dryer; I was immanently uncomfortable after leaving his arms.