Chapter 5: The Squid's capture.

Ink's POV

   I was hanging out with Dream and Blue, when all of a sudden I realize I forgot to go find Cross after he disappeared again. I start to panic. Anyone could have taken him!!!

  "OH MY GOD! GUYS I FORGOT ABOUT CROSS!" I yelled. Dream shook his head at me. "I tried to tell you, Ink! But, you were too busy thinking about Error to listen to me!" Dream complained. "What?! Why would I be thinking about him? And I have been listening to you!"

   Now it's Blue's turn to look at me. "Um, you've been spaced out for at least 10 minutes now, Ink," he tells me. I just stare at him in shock. "Oh... Well. At any rate, I believe we should go see if Error knows anything, first!" I suggested. "See? You're thinking about him," Dream says.

   "I DON'T LIKE ERROR!!!" I yell at him. "Um, I never said you did. You just told on yourself, Ink." Then, this little golden skeleton proceeds to laugh at me. "Fine! I'll go alone and possibly be murdered by him! Bye Blue," I say, a rainbow blush spreading across my cheeks. "Bye!!!" Blue yells after me.

   I splash some paint on the ground and jump through it. Outertale would be where Error is, I bet. I know where his hiding place is, too. He doesn't know I do, though.

   I teleport to where he usually hangs out, to see him talking to Outer. He has a friend? Wow, never thought I'd see that happen. I wanted to be his first friend. Oh well.

   I think I'll capture him as soon as Outer leaves. Next thing I know, Killer teleports over, picks Outer up, and teleports away, with Outer yelling at him. Haha. They're a cute couple.

   Now's my chance. I creep up behind Error and splash brown paint on him. It turns into a thick rope. I walk up to him. "Error. I need a word with you. And I don't need to be attacked while talking to you," I state, calmly.

   "wHaT tHE AcTUaL hECk, ShoRTy?!" he yells at me. "Where is Cross?!" I yell back at him. "wHAt WOuLd i knOW aBoUT ThAt aNOmAly?!" "Don't play dumb, Error. I know you have something to do with this!"

   For some reason... I can't look straight at him without increasing in temperature. What's wrong with me?! Whatever, I need to get through this. For C!

   "nO iDeA wHaT yOu'Re TaLkInG aBoUt," he lies. It's obvious he's lying. He's smirking at me while saying it. "Wipe that smug look off your face and tell me what you did with him! Or else I'll burn you alive!!!" I say, but everyone knows I won't actually hurt him.

   "wOaH tHeRe, SqUiD. kEeP yOuR sHiRt On." Did he just- Oh I'm so about to attack him. He just sits there laughing at my reaction. Ugh. Why do I even try with this idiot?

   I grab Broomie off my back and aim orange paint at him. "wOaH. yOu'Re AcTuAlLy NoT jOkInG. oK, oK, i'Ll TeLl YoU. hE jOiNeD nIgHtMaRe On HiS oWn FrEe WiLl. ThErE. yA hApPy NoW?!" I just look at him in shock. He did it on his own?! No way! I can't believe C would just do that!

   "Tell me more, Error. I want to know EVERYTHING." I glare daggers at him. To be honest, I just want to hear his voice a bit more... But, why...?

   "aLrIgHt. WeLl, I tHiNk NiGhTmArE lIkEs HiM oR sOmEtHiNg, BeCaUsE hE aCtUaLlY cArEd ThAt He WaS hUrT. And can you please take this off of me? It's really uncomfortable," he says the last part without glitching at all. How?

   "How am I to know you won't run or attack me?" "yOu HaVe My WoRd." "Pfft. Like I'm supposed to believe that." He then gives me puppy dog eyes. Oh god he's adorable. "Ugh. Fine."

   I take off the rope, not caring that he's going to leave. But surprisingly, he doesn't. Why? He has the perfect oppurtunity to leave and never look at my face again. But he decided to stay.

   I sit down beside him and look up at the stars. "You're right. The stars really do calm one's soul," I comment. I see him look at me from the corner of my eye and mumble something. I look at him. "Did you say something?" I ask him. He seems a bit flustered that I noticed. Aww.

   "Oh well. I should get going. Thanks, Error. See ya around." I wave goodbye to him. "See ya, Shorty," he says without glitching again. Man... I have alot to tell the others when I get back.