[Chapter 3] The Occult Club

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
After, eh, that, I decided to take a look at the Occult Club, since I kind of indirectly promised that guy to take a look.

I see the room and I started to feel a little unsafe and uncomfortable. Occult stuff has to do with ghost stuff, right? And demons? I hope I'm not going to be possessed or anything.

I peek inside and see the guy I talked to, reading a book. He feels my presence and turns around.

"Y-You actually came...?" He says, a little bit confused.
"Of course. I kind of, indirectly promised that." I let out a chuckle and stand in front of the doorway now.
"I, eh, you didn't have to..." He says.

He is actually really shy. I didn't expect that, to be honest. I look around.

"It's nice in here." I say.
"Y-You don't think it's creepy?" He asks.
"I mean, a little bit, but I can't judge a book by its cover, right?" I say.

He smiles at me, which warms my heart. I love making people smile or laugh. Unless I make them laugh by being short, naive, or oblivious.

But this smile wasn't because of me being short, naive or oblivious. It was because of me being nice.

"So, what do you exactly do in here..?" I ask, with hesitation.
"Oh, w-well, we do eh, r-rituals." He says.
"Rituals? Like, summon a demon, ritual?" I ask.
He nods. "Most of the time we fail, b-but we're not giving up. Not yet.." He says.

I slowly nod.

"Do you believe that supernatural beings exist?" He asks after a few seconds.

I need to think about that. It isn't proven that they don't exist, and, I mean, why wouldn't I believe in it? It'd be pretty cool if that'd exist.

So I nod. "I believe in a lot of stuff, actually, hehe."
"L-Like what?" He asks with hesitation.
"W-Well, not a specific, thing, I mean, eh, when you tell me a story, and it sounds a little convincing, I'll believe it." I answer.
"So, you're, naive?" He asks.
"No... Well, yes. Yes."

He nods slowly. Am I making this all awkward again?

After a few seconds I notice I'm still standing in the doorway, because someone tapped my shoulder. He wanted to come in.

"E-Eh, excuse me, can I...?" He asks.
"Hm? Oh, sure! Sorry!" I say, moving out of the way.

The boy nods and comes in. I guess everyone at the Occult Club is a little shy.

"Y-You can come in, by the way." The club leader says. I still don't know his name, so I decide to tell mine.
"Oh, I'm (Y/N), by the way." I say.
"O-Oh, I forgot.. Eh, Oko... Oko Ruto." He says.
"Nice to meet you." I say, smiling. He smiles back.
"S-So, do you want to join us? The ritual?" He asks.

I nod. What's the worst that could happen?

Well, a demon, trying to destroy the human kind...

...

Anyway;

I nod, which makes him smile again. He doesn't smile a lot, I guess, but when he does your heart will melt, because his smile is adorable.

Another person comes in, so I turn around to look at them. I see Ayato, which surprises me. Yes, he is a little sketchy, but I didn't think he would be a clubmember of this club.

He sees me, shrugs, and walks away.

Rude...

I turn to Oko again, who hands me a choker.

I grab it and look at it. It's a black choker with a pentagon on the front, and inside a crescent moon. It's pretty.

"I-If you want to leave the club, just say so." He says.
"If I leave, will I be able to join again if I change my mind?" I ask.
He clearly wants to say no, but then he thinks about it and nods. "Of course..."

I smile at him and put the choker around my neck.

"Alright everybody, gather around the carpet please." Oko says, taking the lead. He's suddenly a lot more confident.

We all gather around the carpet with, I think, the star of the devil in the middle.

We're all supposed to repeat this weird sentence, and bow...

After a while we were done, without success. There was nothing.

Oko sighs, a little disappointed. I think he really wants it, huh?

"Don't worry, Oko, we'll succeed. Like you said, not giving up yet." I say with a smile.
He looks at me. "You think so?" He asks.
I nod. "Of course. I can see that you really want it, and determination is kind of important. If you really want something, you'll have it. Yes, it could take a while, maybe you'll get it in the next life — if that exists — but you'll succeed."

He smiles again, and he's blushing a little too this time. I smile back and look at my watch.

6:00 PM...

"I should go home, my father doesn't like waiting." I say, and let out a small chuckle.
"O-Oh. Okay, I'll see you later, then." He says, with a little bit of disappointment in his voice, which makes me feel bad.
"Yes, see you later."

I smile at everybody and walk out. I almost stepped outside when someone grabs my wrist. I turn around and see Kokona. She looks at my shoes, so I do too. I see that I'm still wearing the indoor shoes.

"Oh, frog, right." I giggle awkwardly and walk towards the locker. I put the indoor shoes in the locker and put on my outdoor shoes.

"Thanks for reminding me." I say.
"No prob, (N/N). Don't want to get you in trouble." She giggles.

If I was gay, I'd probably like Kokona. She's so sweet and nice!

To be honest, I don't know my sexuality yet. I think I'm (Sexuality)...

Anyway, I close my locker and want to walk away, when Kokona grabs my wrist again.

"Shouldn't you lock it?" She asks with a smirk.
"RiGhT!" I say, walking to my locker again and locking it.

She giggles and we walk home together.

"So, I assume you joined a club, since you were still in the school at 6:00 PM?" She starts.
I nod. "I'm in the Occult Club." I say.
She backs away a little. "Occult? Y-You're interested in that?" She asks.
I shrug. "I'm just looking around." I answer.
"Aren't you scared you'll be possessed by a demon, or a ghost? It's dangerous in there."
"I'm fine, don't worry." I giggle and she pouts.

We're just talking about random stuff and our interests. It turns out that Kokona is in the Cooking Club. She told me that the Club Leader is kind of cute, and said that I should take a look there when I'm done with the Occult Club.

She also told me a little about her background, but she didn't want to tell me any details. She told me she'd do that later, when the time is right.

It turns out we live close to each other. She lives a few houses away. We said goodbye to each other and I walked inside my house. I was home alone, since my father works from early in the morning 'til late in the night.

I grab some pancakes from the fridge. We brought those from where I used to live. I actually want to each sushi, but that takes a lot of time and it's expensive if you order it, so I decided to grab those pancakes, put them in a microwave, and eat them.

I walk upstairs, to my balcony, and sit there, looking at the neighborhood.

It turns out that actually a lot of people from the school live in this neighborhood.

I look at the house on the other side of the road and see a guy, in the window, singing to himself in the bathroom. He is half-naked which makes me blush and turn away.

I mean, he does have a good body...