ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

[Y/N]'s P.O.V.
...

...

"[Y/N], wake up."

...

I slowly open my eyes, seeing my father looking down at me.

"You have school in a few minutes, dear, I've been trying to wake you up for an hour now." He says, crossing his arms.

I grunt, sitting up and rubbing my cheeks. School... School... Sch..

Shoot!

I jump out of my bed. Today is the first day of school, the very first day. A brand new school, a brand new country, a brand new uniform.

I take my uniform out of the closet and look at my father. I start gesturing that he has to leave. I'm not going to change in front of him.

He nods and leaves my room, so I quickly put on my uniform and I quickly fix my hair.

After my quick morning routine I run downstairs and snatch the toast out of my father's hands. "Thanks! Love you!" I say as I rush to the door, throwing the backpack over my shoulder and putting the toast in my mouth.

My father chuckles. "Love you too, honey, have a good day at school."

"Bye-" I open the front door and close it once I get outside, taking a deep breath and quickly walking towards school.

Just as I went left, I almost bump into a boy. He has orange hair and he's quite skinny. He looks at me from top to toe, which is making me quite nervous. The judgemental look on his face isn't helping.

"You're going the wrong way, idiot." He says.

I blink a few times. "E-Excuse me?"

"You're going to Akademi High. You're supposed to go that way." He gestures at the road behind me.

I look behind me and I see that he's right. I am supposed to go there. I turn back to the boy. "How did you know I go to Akademi High?"

"You're uniform, duh! Whatever, we're late, come on." He walks past me. I watch him leave...

.. but then I realise I'm supposed to go the same way. I run towards him, catching up.

It doesn't take long before we arrive at Akademi High. I look up at the building. "Woah.."

The school looked much prettier than my previous one, let me tell you that. Even the inside. The boy was about to walk away..

"Ah, wait!" I say. He turns around and puts a hand on his hip. He groans annoyed.

"What?" He asks.

"Eh, I wanted to thank you.. For, showing my the way... Eh, m-my name is [Y/N] [L/N], what's yours?" I ask.

"Right, no big deal." He looks away with his eyes only and he crosses his arms. "I'm Osano Najimi."

"Nice to meet you." I smile sweetly, trying to be as nice as possible despite his attitude.

"Class is starting soon, you better hurry up." He says, turning around and walking away. This time I let him.

Still smiling, I walk towards the building as well. I grab the paper I got with my classes and my locker number and key. I walk towards my locker, opening it, and I see shoes.

I can see almost everybody changing their shoes for these, so I do the same, even though I have no idea why I'm doing it.

I suppose it was quite obvious, since the girl next to me giggled softly. I look at her and I see a girl with pink hair and twin-drills.

"Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to laugh, the confusion on your face was just so cute." She smiles. "The shoes you're wearing right now are indoors shoes, and the ones in your locker now are outdoors shoes, basically..!"

"A-Ah, I see.. That, makes sense..?" I tilt my head, looking inside my locker.

"Are you new here?" She asks.

I happily nod. "Yep! It's my first day in here!"

"Oh, that's great! I can give you a tour around the school if you want to! My name is Kokona Haruka, by the way, nice to meet you." Kokona gives me a closed eye smile.

"Oh, I'm [Y/N] [L/N], nice to meet you too." I smile back.

"Hmm... Mind if I call you [N/N] instead??" She asks, tilting her head.

"Sure, I don't mind." I tilt my head, still smiling.

"So, [N/N], have you considered joining a club??" Kokona asks.

"Eh?" My smile disappears and I look confused.

"A club! Y'know, Cooking, Music, Drama.. With a few others!" She clasps her hands together and holds them down.

"Oh.. We didn't have those at my previous school, just like uniforms.. Are they supposed to be this big?" I look down at my body. The uniform was a little too big, I just noticed that.

"Oh, I wish! For me it's much to tight..!" She looks down as well. I look at her and only now I notice how big her,, eh.. Watermelons, are. She then looks up, so I look at her face, since staring at watermelons isn't appreciated. "Oh! I know, we should totally alter them, make yours smaller and make mine larger, in the sewing room, at lunch time..!"

I smile at her, and I nod. "Fantastic idea! We should totally do that, yes!"

A girl with cyan hair in pigtails approaches us.. Or well, Kokona mostly. "Kokona! You gotta come, it's really important..!"

Kokona looks at her, "Right, coming Saki!" She turns back to me. "I'll see you around, [N/N]!" This girl, apparently named Saki, and Kokona run off. I wave them goodbye.

I get away from the lockers, noticing a bunch of posters on the wall, next to the entrance of the plaza. I approach it. It's about all the clubs...

I should consider joining a club...