[Chapter 5] The Nurse...!?

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.
When I was about to go through the door, some girls pushed me down to the ground and kicked me a few times. Why? I don't know.

It didn't take long. After a few seconds they walked away while laughing.

I lay on the ground and try to sit. It hurts a bit though.

At that moment Ayato walks out of the door. He almost walks over me but then he stops when he sees me. His eyes widen a bit.

"What happened?" He asks, helping me up.

"I'm not sure... Some girls randomly beated me." I answer, coughing a bit.
"Let's get you to the nurse..." Ayato says.

He helps me to the nurse office. A man - again, tall and pretty skinny - saw us.

"Oh dear, what happened?" He asked. His voice wasn't that deep for a man. He has pink, curly hair.
"Some girls decided to beat her." Ayato answers, without any emotion in his voice.
"Let me take care of her. Thank you for bringing her to me, Aishi." The nurse says.

Ayato nods and walks away. I see him clenching his fists when he walked out, and his expression filled with rage. I wonder what is going on.

The nurse helps me to the bed and cleans the wounds. Some of them wouldn't stop bleeding, so he put a bandaid on that. When he fixed me he smiled at me.

"All done. How do you feel?" He asks. His voice is very soft and reassuring, which makes me feel comfortable.
"I feel much better. Thank you." I smile at him. His cheeks turn a little pink, but I think that is because of his hair being pink. That, doesn't make sense...

Anyway;

He gave me an aspirin when he was done. Then the bell for lunch break rang.

"I'm sure you're hungry. You're free to go." He smiles at me and stands up, but trips and falls towards me. Luckily he caught himself at the edge of the bed. Still, he's really close to me. Both of our faces turn dark red.
"G-Gah, sorry, for that..." He says, immediately backing away.
"I-It's okay, not your fault." I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly.

I stand up and walk away. I stand in the doorway.

"Eh, thank you, again" I say, smiling.
"Of course, no problem." He says.

We're both still a little flustered, but we both still live, so it's okay. I walk away, to the roof, since Kokona wants to see me.

I arrived at the rooftop. Kokona smiles at me and walks towards me.

"Follow me." She says. She was about to say something else when the girls who were beating me arrive and see us.
"Oh wow! The two sluts of the school! What a coincidence!" One says. I already hate her voice. I turn towards them.
"Excuse me? Calling me a slut; fine. But stay away from Kokona. She isn't a slut." I say.
"Oh really? Then explain why she is sleeping with old men for money!" The same girl says.
"We both know that you're lying. Stop bothering us and leave us alone." I say.

Picking on me? Fine. Do whatever you want. But if you pick on one of my friends, you're dead...

"Fine then, we will leave you sluts alone. You're wasting our time." She says. She turns around and walks away with her friends.

Kokona looks at me, with too many emotions to read.

"E-Eh.. Just, follow me..." She says, walking away. I follow her.

"L-Look. They were kind of right..." She says.
"You sleep with old men for money?" I ask, not judging.
"N-No! I'm not sleeping with them. It's just a date, nothing more..." She says.
"Why?" I ask. "You don't have to tell me, I'm just curio-"

She interrupts me.

"No, it's okay, I want to tell it. Look. My mother died, and my father is still alive. Anyway, we are very broke because of a loan my father took out for my school tuition. Because of that he accidentally became in debt with a group of loan sharks, called Ronshaku Loans, and he cries about it to me. Men want me because of my body, so I decided to go on dates with men for money. R-Really, it's just a date, nothing more. It's just to help my father to pay those loan sharks. I-I don't know why I told you all of this, I'm sorry..." She explains. She tries not to cry, but I can see a tear rolling down her cheek.
"It's okay. It's not your nor your fathers fault. You just want to help your father, and I will be your friend and support you, even if you have dates with old men." I say.
"Really?" She asks.
I nod. "And please tell me if something is wrong, or if some man wants more and succeeds. I'm here to listen to you and to help you." I smile at her.
"Thank you, (N/N)." She says, drying her tears.
"Of course. I just want you to know that someone is here for you." I say, grabbing her shoulder.
"Well I want you to know that someone is here for you too." She laughs a little.
"And we actually have something in common; my mother died too." I say.
"I'm sorry." She says.
"It's okay. Death is part of life, isn't it?"
"Want to talk about it?" She asks.
"Hm. Sure, I guess;"

I was 7 years old. Father, Mother and me were chasing each other in the garden. Little, stupid me ran away and hid under a bridge, close to train rails. After a few minutes I came out. My mother and father saw me and ran towards me. They were very worried and they were glad that they found me. I thought we were still playing the game, so I ran away... Towards the train rails. I was actually pretty fast for a kid. I wanted to cross the rails, and a train was coming. It went really fast. I froze. When the train almost hit me, my mother grabbed me and pushed me away. That's good, right? Well it wasn't. Her body parts were all over the place. Me and my father stood there. We couldn't move. It was like there was blood everywhere.

Kokona gasps.

"I still feel very guilty. If I didn't run towards the train rails she would still be here..." I smile which makes it easier to try to hold back the tears.
"It's not your fault. You were 7, you didn't know." She says.
"I know. I just... I would do anything to go back in time and to save her." I say. Then a tear rolls down my cheek.
Kokona wipes away my tear and smiles. "I know how that feels, but like you said, death is a part of life."

We both let out a deep sigh to calm down and then the bell rang.

"Oh wow. That was fast." Kokona says. Then she notices the wounds and bandaids.
"Wh-What happened?" She asked.
"Hm? Oh, those girls who called us sluts decided to beat me." I answer.
"Are you okay? Why didn't I notice this?" She asks the last question to herself.
"I'm okay, it's okay. We were distracted." I smile.

We both then laugh a little and walk towards our classes.

I walk in the classroom and sit at my desk. Ayato doesn't look at me.

"Are you okay?" He asks.
I look at him. "Who, me?"
He nods.
"Oh, I'm fine. Thanks for bringing me to the nurse." I smile.
He nods again.

He's scarier than usual... Weird...