𝟎𝟏; THE LETTER*

CHAPTER ONE

     LAZY FINGERS BANGED ceaselessly on the piano that sat in front of the young girl

LAZY FINGERS BANGED ceaselessly on the piano that sat in front of the young girl. Her father has insisted on piano lessons to add some sort of skill to his oldest daughter's talents. But one thing was for certain: Gwen hated the piano.

In the next room over, Gwen's mother caught a chocolate chip cookie floating off the plate, "Gwen! I thought you were done with illegally floating cookies fresh from the oven?"

Gwen shrugged in response as if her mother could see her through the wall. Jay Desmond shook his head in despair at his daughter.

"Elisa," Jay called into the kitchen, "I haven't seen or heard from Jace all day."

"He's outback, dear," Elisa replies absentmindedly as she began another batch of cookies. This batch was for the neighbors.

Outback, shouts could be heard from the three young boys that zoomed around on broomsticks.

"Boy, you haven't improved any, have you?" Jace Desmond, the eldest Desmond child, shouted across the air to the redhead boy with two earrings in his upper left ear.

The boy crinkled his nose, "Shut it, Desmond."

The other boy with long red hair pulled back to keep it out of his face grinned, "Ickle-Charlie doesn't appreciate the truth, Jace!"

Gwen peeked around her shoulder to find that her father had disappeared into the kitchen, leaving her free to shoot to the window and peer outside. Gwen wished she could be out playing Quidditch with her brother and his friends instead of being forced to murder piano keys in an attempt to get a decent sound.

"That's why I came over," Charlie said, "to gain better experience from my loving elder brother and his best friend."

Jace laughed at the obvious sarcasm in Charlie's tone, "Bill, he so looks up to us."

Gwen sighed dreamily at the sight in front of her. The brooms that the Weasley boys owned were beautiful, even if they were a bit outdated. Jace's broom was a newer model, leaving Gwen completely in love.

Jace caught sight of his sister peering up at the boys through the window, smiling at the in awe look on her slightly chubby features. Charlie looked down, catching her eye and waving at her. Gwen waved back with enthusiasm.

"I do believe your sister is quite bold when it comes to confronting her crush." Bill Weasley rose a brow, setting his feet on the solid green grass. He dismounted his broom gracefully.

Jace did the same, "Her what?"

"Her crush." Charlie struggled to keep his broom steady as it sunk to the ground, fearing the last time his broom developed a mind of its own and flew him into the Desmond family shed. "Me."