𝟎𝟐; THE WAND*

CHAPTER TWO

 THE WEASLEY BOYS and Jace had lost sight of Gwen somewhere between the pet shop and the Quidditch store

THE WEASLEY BOYS and Jace had lost sight of Gwen somewhere between the pet shop and the Quidditch store. Gwen had always been a mischievous adventurer, often disappearing for hours at a time to go follow various animals around in the forest that was behind their house.

They had finally found Gwen when they decided to stop and look in the closest place with sweets: Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. She was sat at the counter on the chair that was high up off the ground, her red Converse swinging back and forth as she bit into the ice cream cone in her hand.

"How long have you been here?" Jace said once he reached her.

Judging by her nearly finished cone, this is where she had been the whole time.

"Dunno," Gwen said, "Ask Mr. Florean!"

Mr. Florean turned around, his aged face smiling at the three boys, "Ah, yes, you must be those in charge of Miss Desmond here!"

The boys nodded.

Mr. Florean continued, "She came into my parlor looking for sweet relief. Since she seems like a chocolate-loving child, I gave her a chocolate-dipped cone. Hope you don't mind!"

Jace frowned, "Did she at least pay?"

Charlie was fumbling around in his pockets for a sickle or two to spare in case Jace came up short. Bill was too absorbed in the many flavors featured at the parlor.

"It's on the house!" Mr. Florean was just about as happy-go-lucky as Gwen, something that Jace knew would draw her in.

Gwen held up her fist and Mr. Florean gladly fist-bumped the young girl, "You're groovy, Mr. Florean!"

Gwen hopped down when Jace looked at her as if to say, 'Time to go!'

"See you around, Mr. Florean!" Gwen waved while Jace and Charlie tried to snap Bill out of the ice cream flavor trance he was in.

Mr. Florean eagerly returned the goodbye wave before turning his attention to the next customer in line, a girl around Charlie's age with bright purple hair.

"We should get your wand, Gwen." Charlie patted her unruly braided hair, "It's the most important part."

"No," She disagreed, "I am the most important part! The wand just helps me become even more so!"

Jace smiled softly and led the way to Ollivander's, excited to see what Gwen would be best suited for. Or, in Gwen's words, what would be best suited for Gwen.

The bell dinged lightly as Gwen stepped foot into the dusty old shop, immediately crinkling her nose at the old book smell. Charlie and Bill had spotted red hair on the way over and decided to see if it was their family shopping for Fred and George.