𝟎𝟑; THE TRIO*

CHAPTER FOUR

     GWEN, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE, was nervous

GWEN, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE, was nervous. Sure, she had been a little nervous that one time she thought she was busted for an elaborate prank she pulled off that involved her siblings at toddler age, but nothing compared to the anxiety that was bubbling up in her stomach at the thought of having to leave home for a while.

At least she would have her brother there her first year to get her through.

"Come now, Gwen!" Mrs. Desmond shouted as she tried to keep Jasper away from pulling Eve's dark hair. Mr. Desmond looked rather intrigued at the muggles that peered back through their reading glasses and uptight traditional families.

The Desmonds weren't traditional in any sense of the word.

Gwen was racing Jace with their carts when she nearly toppled over the front due to a sudden halt.

"Idiot!" Gwen hissed at her elder brother, "Are you trying to kill us both? At least give a warning next go round!"

Jace didn't answer as he was too busy being enveloped in a hug by a plump woman with red hair much like Charlie and Bill's.

"Hello!" Gwen shoved her brother out of the way, "I'm Gwendolyn, but you can call me Gwen!"

"This is the lively girl we told you about, mum," Bill whispered.

"Perfect for Fred and George." Charlie elaborated.

Mrs. Weasley grinned at the young girl, "I can see just what you mean, boys!"

"Molly, good to see you." Gwen's mother hugged Mrs. Weasley fondly.

"About the time we went through, dad and the others are waiting for us," Bill said before he went through the brick wall that led to Platform 9 3/4.

"Right!" Mrs. Weasley promptly pushed Charlie forward, urging him to go next.

Gwen's face paled for a moment when she saw him go through. Of course, she had gone through before, only she wasn't alone and pushing a huge trunk.

"Gwen, dear," Elisa spoke softly, "You're up next."

Gwen's knuckles were turning white from gripping the handlebar so tight. Without thinking, she felt herself start to run at a slow pace. When she got to the wall, she almost closed her eyes out of nervousness. Once she had made it through the brick wall, she was met with the sounds of laughter and the smell of train smoke. Gwen's face split into a grin as she took in everything around her that was so familiar, her nerves gone.

Walking towards the small sea of red hair, Gwen looked for Bill and Charlie.

As soon as she had turned back around to catch her mother's eye, she came face-to-face with a chest.