father's day

"Uh, hey, Mr. Rogers?"

Steve turned around, somewhat surprised to see the young spiderling.

"Peter, just call me Steve." He sighed shaking his head.

"Oh right. Sorry, um Steve." The teen's face flushed a bright shade of red.

"Okay, what's up?" Steve folded his arms looking at the kid.

"I was wondering, where I can get like, some flowers?" Peter asked nervously.

"Trying to impress a girl, huh?" Steve chuckled.

"No, no. They're for someone else." Peter stammered.

"May I ask who?" Steve questioned the boy.

"Yeah, I want to get flowers for Tony." Peter looked at the ground.

"Oh, any particular reason?" Steve looked at the boy, tilting his head.

"No I- actually yeah. For like, Father's day? I dunno, I really look up to him like a dad. And I wanted to do something for him. Ya know?" Peter mumbled.

"Yeah I know where to get some flowers." Steve shrugged.

The pair set out on a venture across New York to find the perfect flowers.

"Mr. Rog- Steve! I found some!" Peter smiled, holding up a bunch of flowers picked straight from Central Park. At this, Steve rolled his eyes.

"At least they have a personal touch kid." Steve laughed.

"Now we better run before someone gets mad."

Once they arrived back at the compound, Bucky was there to greet the two.

After a short explanation from Steve, Bucky started laughing.

"You mean to tell me, you dragged ol Stevey out to watch you pick flowers?" Bucky grinned.

Peter shrugged before rushing off to hide them, knowing FRIDAY had announced his arrival to Tony.

"You know, I'm a bit upset that you didn't get me flowers." Bucky faked a pouty face.

Steve rolled his eyes.

"Well technically, I'm supposed to get daddy flowers for Father's day." Bucky smirked, resulting in Steve playfully slapping him on the arm and walking away.

"Oh you love me!" Bucky called out after him.

"Unfortunately, yes." Steve replied, mocking him.

Time skip brought to you by Howard, Howard Potts.

Dinner went by smoothly and Father's day was only mentioned once after Scott went home to visit Cassie. Clint had already denied the invitation to dinner, as he wanted to spend time with his family. Hope had forced him into going, as Cassie had soccer practice and he'd just be eating with her anyways.

After everyone left, including Pepper, Peter looked to Tony nervously.

"Hey kid, wanna go hang in the lab?" Tony asked, looking towards the kid.

"Uh, yeahhh?" Peter dragged out the last bit making it sound more like a question.

"Is something wrong?" Tony asked, confused as to why Peter wasn't exactly eager to go to the lab as he always was.

"Oh, I have to, um poop." Peter lied, hurrying off towards his room.

Tony furrowed his eyebrows, a bit confused.

Once he arrived in his room, he pulled out the flowers from behind his desk. Lacking confidence, Peter went to his AI for help, by slipping on his mask.

"Hey Karen?" He asked, a pit forming in his stomach.

"Yes?" The AI calmly responded.

"Do you think, that, giving Mr. Stark flowers is a good idea?" He asked, feeling his meal churning.

"Yes, it will be seen as a kind gesture one gives to a beloved figure on Father's day." Karen soothed Peter's worries, seeking a bit more reassurance, Peter asked FRIDAY, who gave a similar response. Except her's was much more reassuring as Mr. Stark gave more opinions and input to this particular AI.

Seeking just one more opinion, Peter went to Pepper. He had no clue where Rhodey was, and knew Happy would probably just laugh at him.

"Um, Ms. Potts?" Peter cautiously stepped into her office.

"Pete, remember, it's Pepper. Unless something is wrong?" Pepper looked up from her work, to see a pale, worried teen clutching a bouquet of flowers. She instantly knew who they were for.

"Pete, Tony will love your flowers. Don't stress about it, he sees you as his child." Pepper smiled.

"Oh, thanks. I was just worried I'd make it awkward or put like a strain on our relationship." Peter sighed in relief.

"Hey Peter, you good?" As Peter heard his mentor approach, he hid the flowers behind his back.

Tony glanced inside, to see Peter holding a breath in and Pepper grinning.

"Tony, I think Peter has something to say to you." Pepper smiled.

Tony looked at Peter, then back at Pepper.

"Well, I'll let you two have some time alone." She said abruptly and stood up, whilst making her way to the door, she turned around.

"Wait a second, this is my office. You two out, in like the hallway." Pepper stopped, ushering them out before shutting the doors.

"So, you have something to tell me?"

Peter nodded.

"Mr. Stark, well I mean Tony, words can't really explain how I feel, like I really look up to you and you're one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I really really really appreciate all you've done for me and I kinda look up to you as a father figure. So I got you these flowers for Father's day. And if you don't feel the same way that's-" Tony cut him off, engulfing him in a hug.

The pair hugged for what seemed like forever. "Oh! This is nice." Peter commented softly as Tony hugged him.

When he pulled away, Peter held out the flowers. "These are for you." He looked up at his mentor, who was smiling.

"Thank you Pete."

"Is it okay if I call you dad?" Peter whispered.

"Of course, you know you've really made my day, and I've always seen you as a son." Tony replied, giving him another hug.

A/N time! Happy Father's day y'all! Yeah it's like ten but I finished this cute little one. I want these to be longer but there wasn't much for this one. My goal is like an average of 2000 words, idk I'll probably never write that much. Hope you liked this.

Word count: 1010