1: People Don't Change

"Please."

"No."

"Please!"

"No."

"NATALIE I'M BEGGING!"

"No." I close the door in Megan's face.

"You have to come! You go every year! It won't be the same without you!"

"It won't be the same because he's going too!"

"Harry's not that bad..."

I open the door and glare at her. She gives me that puppy dog face that she's mastered so well.

"I'm not going if he's going. That's final."

"It's just for the summer. Why can't you just...put up with him? Avoid him if you have to....he can't be in the way that much." I roll my eyes. "Come on, he's my cousin. Maybe he's even changed since the last time you talked. You never know."

"Ha! Wow Meg, that's a good one." I close the door again. She opens it and follows me in.

"I'm not leaving this room until you agree to go."

"Then I guess you might as well get comfy because you're gonna be in here awhile." She glares at me.

"MUM!" she yells. I roll my eyes.

"Megan, do not yell. I'm right here," Aunt Liz says, poking her head in from the hallway. "What's wrong?"

"Natalie won't go to the lake with us this summer just because Harry's going," she says, sounding like a five year old who just tattled on a sibling. Aunt Liz looked between us for a moment.

"Well I think that's a silly reason, but it’s her decision. Your father and I will be out tonight stocking up on food for the trip, so make sure to get the boys everything they need when they arrive." Then she left. I flop onto my bed and ignore Megan.

Harry Styles. Ugh. Just his name makes me cringe. The last thing I want to do is spend the entire summer stuck in a small house with him along with his four other guy friends.