16: Party Crasher

"Okay....sounds good....I guess I'll see you then...." Meg speaks into her cell phone with a goofy smile on her face. "Would you stop? I am not..." She giggles at something. "Okay....bye. And for the record, I wasn't blushing," she states matter-of-factly, pressing end and still smiling.

"Yes, you were," I say with a grin, making my presence known. She whips around to see me. Her cheeks burned an even deeper shade of red. "Someone's got it bad." I let a laugh escape my lips.

"Shut up!" she says, blushing even more and trying to hide her smile by staring at the ground. I walk over and hug her.

"It's okay sis. Who is it you were talking to?" I ask curiously.

"Drew," she admits, smiling to herself. I grin.

"Who's Drew?"

"That guy from the party. He's so super sweet! I really like him, and we're like kind of good friends now, so I invited him over for a barbecue tonight, and he's going to be here in like three hours and..." she goes on and on talking about him while I smile. Awww my best friend is in love. Suddenly, she gasps loudly. "Oh.My.God. He's going to be here in three hours! AH! I have to get ready! Oh my gosh, come on, I need your help!" she squeals, pulling me forcefully up the stairs. I laugh as she drags me to her closet.

"Just wear something casual," I suggest.

"I don't want to look like I'm trying to impress him, even though I am. I don't know. How about this?" she asks, holding up a black sweat jacket and pink cami for underneath along with denim shorts and flip flops. I examine it and bite my lip. I don't respond. Instead I walk over to her closet and rummage through it.

"This," I state, showing her my choice that I pulled together. It was a navy blue and white striped tank top along with denim Hollister shorts and navy blue flip flops. "It's not too fancy, but it's still cute."

She smiles. "Thanks."

"No problem. Oh, and wear your hair natural. It looks pretty when it’s curly."

She nods. "Okay."