07

<Author>

Another day, for another school day.

Huening Kai couldn't handle the stares everyone was giving him. Nobody even dared tobseat next to him at lunch. When he asked important questions, everyone would make excuses only to get away from Huening Kai.

"Hy-hyung.." Huening Kai said tugging on the older's shirt.

Yeonjun turned around to look at his brother. "Yeah? You okay?" Yeonjun asked.

"Y-yeah. But i-its j-just... I-I don't
know." Huening Kai replied.

Yeonjun looked at him with sadness. "Don't make such a face. It hurts to see you like this."

"Y-yeah, right. S-said the o-one who h-had used to f-find my pain h-his happiness." Huening Kai said with a smirk.

"Yah. I thought you said you had forgotten about it already." Yeonjun said.

Huening Kai giggled but a bitter smile appeared on his face. "I-its j-just that.. Hy-hyung... y-you're the o-only one for m-me to run u-up to.."

Yeonjun looked at the younger. But not long after, Huening Kai's tears started to fall. "I-I just d-don't get why p-people like me has t-to suffer such
p-pain. W-we still are hu-human beings."

Yeonjun pulled the younger into a tight hug as Huening Kai's tears soaks his shirt. Yeonjun caressed the younger's back. He slowly pushed Huening Kai forward. "All these suffering will end eventually." Yeonjun said trying to comfort the younger.

"Th-thanks, hyung." Huening Kai said.

Yeonjun smiled. Huening Kai was about to leave when Yeonjun called him. "Uh.. Is it fine if you put these in the student council's office and fix it for me?"

"W-well, I-I guess. I-I got n-nothing to do, a-anyways." Huening Kai replied.

"Thank you so much. I'll treat you to somewhere tomorrow to pay back for it." Yeonjun said as he left.

Huening Kai smiled as he started to walk off to the Student Council's Office.

Huening Kai hummed a song as the wind gently hit his body. As he remembered the scenario yesterday, his smile suddenly faded. He just sighed.

When he reached the office he was about to open the door, when someone seemed to have opened it for him.

Huening Kai froze.

"What the heck are you looking at?" Soobin asked.

"I-I was just p-putting these o-on the table." Huening Kai replied.

"Well, then hurry up." Soobin said clearly frustrated.

Huening Kai went inside while Soobin followed closing the door behind him. "Y-you can l-leave now. I-I'll l-lock the d-door myself."

"You kidding me? No way. Maybe if I come back tomorrow all the files are gone already." Soobin said.

Huening Kai 'tsk's and continued to organize the files by letters.

"What are you doing?" Soobin asked frustrated.

"W-what else th-then? O-organizing i-it of course." Huening Kai replied.

"Just.. Hurry up." Soobin groaned.

After a couple of minutes, Huening Kai managed to finish the task.

Huening Kai looked at the door then to Soobin.

Soobin then sighed then both went to the door preparing to head out.

Huening Kai was admiring the small but wide office, while Soobin seemed to have been struggling.

"I can't..seem.. to..open.. Urghh!" Soobin said.

"S-step aside." Huening Kai said as he took his turn to open the door.
"W-what i-in the w-world?"

Soobin had trouble breathing as Huening Kai turned to look him.

"Yo-you okay?" Huening Kai asked.

"Hyper-Hyperventilating." Soobin answered.

Huening Kai was in shock. "W-what do y-you do to l-like m-make it go
aw-away?"

"I usually sing or let someone sing for me." Soobin said in between the heavy breathings due to his hyperventilation.

"W-well, go o-on then. S-sing." Huening Kai said.

"Seriously? In this situation?" Soobin said.

Huening Kai gulped. He wanted to do it for Soobin but-

🎶There goes my heart beating
Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please Comeback now.
There goes my mind racing.
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now.🎶

Soobin looked at Huening Kai. He swore he had hear that voice before. Was it in a dream? or did he happen to just hear his voice from somewhere? But either way, Soobin seemed to have calmed down as he sat down on the floor.

"Thanks. I guess." Soobin said.

Huening Kai blushed when he heard his words. "N-no problem."

"Out of all the people, why did I have to be stuck with you." Soobin said.

"H-hey! A-atleast I sang f-for you." Huening Kai said. Even when he never wanted to volunteer.

"Never told you so." Soobin defensed.

"Y-yeah, you n-never did. B-but your ac-actions seemed t-to have said
o-otherwise." Huening Kai defended his side.

"Fine then." Soobin said clearly defeated.

Huening Kai looked at Soobin and looked down as he smiled.

"Y-yah! Why are you laughing?!" Soobin said.

"N-nothing. I-its just th-that you
rem-mind me of s-someone." Huening Kai answered.

"Well, is it someone handsome like me?" Soobin said.

"N-no. H-he's way m-more handsome th-than you." Huening Kai said. "My uncle."

"What?! You compared me to someone old?" Soobin yelled.

"N-no. I c-compared y-you to
s-someone dead." Huening Kai said.

"Oh.. well, I'm sorry." Soobin apologized.

"I-its okay. I-its just.. in s-some ways
y-you both have s-something in
c-common. Trying to win an arguement, not accepting defeat, makes me sing for him.." Huening Kai said then giggled after. "I-I still remember h-how he p-promised me to l-let me ride o-on his p-plane one day. H-he told me th-that the night v-view from a-above was beautiful. He said e-everything was so tiny w-when you're w-way above the l-land.
L-lights from th-the city w-were the only th-thing you can s-see and a-at sun-sunrise, the sky would look aesthetically beautiful." Huening Kai said.

Soobin looked at him not realizing the tear that had fallen from his face.

Huening Kai noticed and pointed at Soobin.

"What?" Soobin said.

"A-are you c-crying?" Huening Kai asked.

"N-no." Soobin answered wiping away the fallen tears.

Huening Kai giggled then sighed. "I-I know h-how h-hard it is to k-keep a
t-tear from falling. S-sometimes you need to a-admit it and s-sometimes you w-want to hide it b-because of the
j-judgements and w-what people might th-think of you. R-right?" Huening Kai said.

"Finally, someone who thinks like
me." Soobin said out loud. "Did I say that too loud?"

Huening Kai nodded as he blushed. Then both chuckled and exchanged smiles and stories of their life they found worth telling.

Then, not hours have passed they already dozed off to sleep.

-----------

This was a lame chapter. Sorry.