Danger Diverted

Izzy woke up extremely content despite the dark sky above her. It took her a minute to recall exactly why she was feeling so happy but when it did, she smiled and practically jumped of her bed and into the bathroom. It was half way through that she gained her composure and slowed down to a languid stride.

Jasper hadn't been specific in his time but she expected him to be at her place soon so she took a quick shower and got dressed.

 It was a simple graphic tee and a pair of jeans

It was a simple graphic tee and a pair of jeans. She grabbed a nice beige parka from her closet to keep warm. Jasper arrived in little over an hour, by then she had finished breakfast and were ready to go.

Almost immediately Izzy could see the difference in his appearance. He looked healthier, more human. The darkness under his eyes was less noticeable, this skin looked less pale but the biggest difference happened to be his eyes. They were a brilliant shade of gold.

It was something she had noticed earlier on. Whenever the Cullens fed their eyes turned gold, they slowly changed untill they morphed in an almost daunting black. She had gathered that they showed the degree of hunger the vampire had.

Izzy greeted him with the usual kiss on his cheek. Her mother always cooed when she did that, saying it made them look like a married couple. Why she found that cute? Izzy had no idea.

Jasper handed her a baseball shirt with her name at the back and a big twenty four printed under it. Izzy stared at the twenty four for a minute.

"How'd you know that twenty four was my favourite num-" Jasper cut her off.

"Alice"

Izzy smiled, Ofcoarse it was Alice. Who else would go out of their way to have matching baseball shirts? Izzy noticed Jasper was dressed and a plain black shirt and a jacket, no team shirt in sight.

"What no shirt for the mighty Hale" it was but natural to tease him just a little, straightening his jacket in the process.

Jasper smirked, holding onto her hand as he briefly brought it to his lips before intertwining them together. "Oh I'll wear it alright but not before pissing Alice off alittle. It's too good an opportunity to miss."

Izzy just laughed out loud, slipping the shirt on on top of her white tee. As expected, it fit her perfectly. Izzy suspected Alice's little quirk to be behind the immaculate fitting. Once again, she felt a pang in her chest at the way the Cullens interacted, although not related by blood, they were a true family and real siblings. Izzy could only dream about having such relationships. She had no siblings and the only parental support she ever had was her mother. She couldn't help but feel envious at times of Jasper and his siblings. What they had was something beautiful and something that she'd longed for.

"Darlin" Jasper called her out, effectively bringing her back to her senses. "What's wrong.?"

"Nothing." Izzy said, alittle too quickly and ofcoarse Jasper caught on it.