Parte sin título 3

When you found the deer, you wished you hadn't. The poor thing was dead on the ground, four walkers feasting on it.

Daryl signaled you to go back and you nodded trying to stay completely quiet. Cole began growling when he saw the walkers and you tried to shush him without making more sound.

"Dog, no!" Daryl said quietly.

One of the walkers raised its head, spotting you, and when it began growling Cole barked back.

"Cole, stop!"

He did, but it was too late, the walkers had spotted you and were stumbling towards you. You didn't know what would be best, try to fight them or run away.

Daryl was already raising his crossbow and shooting one dead, so you unsheathed your knife. As Daryl reloaded, you made your way to the closer walker, grabbing it and struggling to sink your knife into its head as you had seen Daryl do before. You heard a whistle and another one dropped dead with an arrow in his forehead.

You managed to kill the walker you were struggling with and you turned around to face the one that was left, but you saw Daryl had let go of his crossbow in favor of his knife and was already putting it down.

Looking around you made sure there were no walkers left and that Cole was okay, and finally your heart began relaxing its anxious beating. Daryl was looking at the dead deer, silent, and you approached him.

"Come on, let's keep going." You told him quietly, placing a hand on his arm. Daryl flinched at that and you took your hand away.

"Nah, let's go back," He said and he began walking away.

"We can find another deer..." You tried.

"I said no." He snapped.

"Alright... "

"All that dead assholes must have scared all the deer away if they didn't eat them all," Daryl said angrily.

"You still have all those squirrels." You pointed at the string he carried but his only answer was a grunt.

You had been walking for hours, Daryl still silent, stopping to shoot at a squirrel here and there. You thought you were approaching the camp but you weren't sure. You stopped, getting a little behind, when you saw some edible mushrooms, and as you knelt down on the ground to pick them, you noticed some footprints on the mud.

"Daryl." You called.

"Come on, don't get behind!" Daryl sounded annoyed.

"Will you just come here!" You bitted back, rolling your eyes.

He grumbled something you didn't catch as he approached. "What?"

"Could this be from a deer?"

"Yeah, yeah, good spot." His scowl disappeared and he gave you a half smile, making you smile back. "Come on."

You followed Daryl in silence, crouching down when you found the deer. It was looking around and smelling the air, though it couldn't see you from where you were hiding in some bushes.

Maybe you were weak, but when Daryl raised his crossbow and aimed at the lovely deer, you looked away, no matter you knew you needed the food you couldn't look as Daryl killed it.

"Shit, damn."

You heard Daryl cursing and you looked in time to see the deer running away with an arrow embedded into his back leg.

"Did you miss?"

"It ran away when I was shooting," Daryl grumbled. "Come on."

You rushed behind him, following the deer's track, until Daryl stopped, signaling you to crouch again. The deer seemed startled, looking around, and you wondered if it had noticed you. Daryl had just loosened an arrow when the deer ran away again, the arrow hitting one of his back legs once more.