Chapter 6

Throughout our private practice I remain cautious and attentive towards Jack's behaviour. Whatever happened earlier was surely something I'd never forget. I mean, people's eye color doesn't change like that! It's not natural.

I feel as though I'm in a state of shock, and with good reason too. Jack hasn't talked to me in months and the first time I interact with him, he's acting like he lost a screw or two. Just look at what happened with Felix on the first day here. Pewds and Jack are good friends, yet he was treating him like an annoying nuisance. Maybe I should talk to Felix and get his side of the story. He might know more as to why- "Oof!"

I'm snapped out of my brain storm when I accidentally run into Jack and knock him over. "Ah! Jack! Sorry man!" I reach for his shoulder to try to help him up but his head suddenly swivels towards me and with a glare that could wilt flowers, he lets out a low growl, eyes flashing green briefly. I flinch back, and he seems to notice, which snaps him out of whatever mood he was in. "Oh, it's alright Mark! Accidents happen!"

Delilah appears into my peripheral vision so I turn to her. "You boys must be getting tired. Wanna call it a night? We still have more opportunities in the future to practice afterall." She smiles knowingly at Jack and I, which I return with a tired smile of my own, "That sounds like a great idea Delilah."

She walks away and I make my way over to the table where the snacks were earlier. It has been picked over, but I spot a decent looking sandwich. I take a bite and shrug at its mediocre flavor. With it still in my mouth I turn around to leave, only to smack straight into Jack.

"Heeeey Mark! I was just wondering if you wanted to come over to my place and play some videogames? Hang out like we used to!" He has his hands clasped behind his back and is leaning forward; a very childlike stance and tone of voice present. I remove the sandwich from my teeth and swallow the remaining bit. "Oh, uh, actually I should probably be heading back to the hotel. Maybe...maybe later?" I know he didn't like that answer, if the flash of green and the tightening of his smile was anything to go off of.

He places his hands in his front pockets and starts rocking on his heels, "Oh...that's a shame. I was hoping we could have some..fun."

I do not like how he said that.

"Yeeaahh. Welp! See you tomorrow!" I quickly side step him and speedwalk out side. I go around the building so as to not be seen by him when he leaves. Once I feel like i'm a safe distance, I whip out my phone and call Ethan.

"Hey Mark! You on your way back?"

"Uh, yes. Listen, I gotta talk to you when I get there. It's about Jack."

"Oh sure. Did something happen?"

"Yeah, but I'll tell you in detail when I get there."

"Sounds like a plan, man. I'll see ya in a bit!"

Ethan hangs up and I order for an uber to come get me.

•••••••Time skip•••••••

I knock on Ethan's hotel door, which is right next to mine, and seconds later he opens it then moves to let me in. "Ok, so give me these deetz you promised." He flops onto his bed, and I take a seat on the edge of it. I take a breath and begin retelling everything that happened after all the other people left. I don't leave anything out, even though I thought about not talking about the fanart that was on my phone.

By the end, Ethan is sitting at attention with his hands on his head. Disbelief is written across his face. "Woah. Ok. Uh, Mark, are you feeling okay? Are you sure you didn't imagine any of this?"