Chapter 7

I didn't even know I said it outloud until Anti whipped his head back to me.

"Hell? Puh-lease. The only hell around here is living in this fuckers head! PMA this! PMA that! It's şïçķəńįñğ." Anti gestures wildly with the knife.

I notice Ethan had moved to sit next to me and he speaks up, "Inside his head? Are you possessing Jack right now?!" The realization hits me that this literally IS Jack, but yet not HIM. I reach up and wipe some of the liquid that was dripping down my chin. I bring my hand back, only to jump and sharply inhale at what I see. The only way to describe it would be a black ink, like what would come from a squid. "W-What the fuck d-did you make me swallow?!" Ethan looks back and cringes when he sees my face and hand, both having the black substance. "You drank some of that? That can't be healthy..." I look up and glare at him, "No fucking duh Ethan!"

"Oh! There's that little temper I love~" My attention snaps to Anti, "You don't even know me! You're just some fucked up demon living inside my friend!" I shoot up and begin stomp over to Anti, who is just standing there with an ever-widening smile. A rumble in my gut makes me stop moving, and I wrap my arms around my midsection. The rumble begins to turn into a harsh vibration that makes me groan. "W-What did you do to me?" Everything is beginning to feel numb,  and I collapse onto my knees.

Anti claps his hands in excitement and giggles. Ethan however rushes to my side, "Mark?!" Ethan glares at the demon, "What are you trying to accomplish here?! You trying to kill him?!" Anti suddenly get serious and twitches his head.

"I'll have you know I would never try to kill him. He's too important in our plan."

I look up at him sweat dripping down my forehead, "Our plan?" Anti twitches again, "Tell me Marky, have you been getting angry recently? Maybe losing some sense of time? Or perhaps driving away those around you and you have no idea why?" Anti begins circling us, "Any weird dreams lately? Oh, oh! How about that little bitch called Amy? She didn't want to be around you for those exact reasons, right?" I feel another wave of anger and let out a growl that borderlines inhuman. The demon stops before us and kneels down, placing a gentle yet freezing hand onto my cheek. "You want this to end right? All you have to do is let it out. Let him out." What the hell is he on about? There's someone inside me?!

All of a sudden, the pain in my gut subsides and I'm able to breath normally. I release my midsection and go onto my hands and knees. I remain quiet to see if the feeling really did leave, but Anti sits up and clasps his hands together, "Yes! It worked! C'mon Babe, let's get out of this dump."

I can't help but let out a chuckle and look up at Anti. "Sorry you dumbfuck. Looks like whoever you're looking for isn't here." Apparently Anti's patience has finally run out at my remark because he yanks me up by my throat and holds me off the ground. "Why the fuck are you still here?! You should not have been able to overpower him!" Behind my captor, I see Ethan sneak up with a pocket knife in hand, but before I can even blink, I'm dropped to the ground and Anti is suddenly standing in front of him, his own knife in the air about to swing down...

But he doesn't.

His other hand comes up and grips the wrist of the hand with the knife. He begins shaking and drops the knife all together. "N-No! You're not supposed to interfere! Stop it!" It clicks in my head what is happening, "Fight him Jack!! You can do it!" Ethan seems to realize this too and shouts out an encouragement. Anti lets out a low growl, "Ťhįş ïşń'ț øvęř!" Anti reaches down for the knife and with shaking hands aims it at his throat but before he can move, the familiar voice of the real Jack pleads with us out of no where, "KNOCK ME OUT! PLEASE!" He looks at me with nothing but pain and regret on his face. I stand and raise a fist then close my eyes and punch his temple as hard as I can. His body slumps to the floor, motionless.

I take a deep breath and let it out. It's silent for a minute or two, but Ethan is the first to speak, "I feel like I'm gonna have nightmares about this for months. I came in here and see Jack making out with you and then it turns out it was actually a demon not our sweet Irish boyo. And then on top of that he made you swallow some creepy ass ink and then I thought you were DYING and then he tried to kill me and then he tried to kill himself, but the REAL Jack stopped him and you knocked him out." He takes a deep breath after his tangent.

"Good job explaining exactly what happened Ethan. I was there too ya know." I roll my eyes, but something doesn't feel right. Ethan looks down and  scuffs his foot on the carpet, "Uh, w-well...we should probably put Jack somewhere. We can't leave him on the ground." I make a noise of agreement, and then bend down and pick him up bridal style, placing him on my bed. "I don't think I'm gonna sleep anymore anyway, and someone needs to keep an eye on him." I sit down in a chair across the room and put my head in my hands. I feel Ethan approach and place a hand on my shoulder, "I'll probably be up too, so if anything happens, I'll come running in to save the day again." I can't help but smile at his attempt to lighten the mood. "Thanks blue boy. We'll talk about all of this when he wakes up, because maaaaaan do I have questions." With a wave Ethan walks out, so I sit back and contemplate which questions I should ask of the million running through my head.

Many questions indeed Mark. Welp! Thanks for reading! Leave a like and comment! I love to see what you guys have to say <3