Chapter 1: A New Experience

Its always been a fight here.
To eat.

To sleep.

To just stay alive.

And everyone knows it, everyone who has power lavishes in it, it's just entertainment for them.
It doesn't matter whose lives get ruined, they don't care how many times they've failed anymore. Because they have me, everything they could ever want, right under their thumb. The way I see it, they just want someone to make them feel better about their piece if shit selves, it's like having a God on a leash.

And they fucking love it.

You can already probably see how I feel about the whole thing. I hate it. I despise it with every fiber of my being; being owned, nothing more than a possession, meant to kill and bring glory to them.

That's ending tonight, I've got everything planned, I just have to wait until lights out...

Brrrrrrr

There we go, nobody is going to notice what they can't see.

3rd person view

(Y/n) slowly opens their door, checking to see if any of the keepers are near, on an all clear he bolts to the railing of the second floor and jumps down without a sound. Now just to get to the cargo bay. Flawless, just like they taught him, for a moment he humors himself thinking about how they should really watch what they force him to learn, could backfire one day.

He takes a key card from under a crate nearest to a wall and slides it through, he's going to be long gone by the time they check his rooms.

For the first time he can ever remember, he smells fresh air, and looks up to see a full moon casting light on everything he can see, it's gorgeous, might even be worth what he's gone through in time. He can't stay here though, the keepers will see him if he stays. He never looks back as he keeps running.

He just needs to get as far away as possible, there's no one who is going to help him, the white lotus don't exist  anymore, and the people from what he's heard are more selfish than ever. No, he just needs to keep running, he can't stop yet.

After what feels like hours he gets to a cliff and a huge ocean just under and past, in the distance he can just barely make out a green beam of light, in the center of a charred black city, he feels bad for it. The supposed start for a new age burned to ashes because of nothing more than someone's tantrum. It disgusts him. Maybe he can make a break for the spirit realm, he's heard that the spirits haven't let anyone in but the avatar for centuries. Maybe it can be safe for him.

He walks back a bit, then sprints over the edge and dives into the water with enough energy to push him through for a bit until he bends the water to push him forward, it shouldn't take long.

Finally he hits shore, quite literally, and rubs his head and he gets out, bending the water out of his clothes. 'Ah crap that's right' he was supposed to take some new clothes from one of the keepers rooms. Now he just looks like he escaped a mental ward with green hospital scrubs (uniforms). Maybe he'll get lucky and find some from an old house.

Your perspective

I start my search in a stable-ish looking old apartment building
Maybe this isn't such a good idea, I mean, this place was deserted after the last fire avatar burned it to the underworld, are there even going to be any clothes that survived much less look like I didn't come from a coal mine? Then I remember the clothes I'm wearing  now... Yea I'll take my chances and see if I can get out of these ugly green peices of scrap.

I go through all of the floors as I go up, if anything's locked I just break the door down and look. Most of the rooms are just collapsed, charred, or empty. Up near the middle I find a room that looks in pretty good condition compared to the rest, I check the closet and find I pair of blue jeans and a basic white shirt, as well as a hoodie/jacket with grey tied up arms and a grey hood.
Perfect, awfully convenient too, almost like there's an author writing this who doesn't know how to spread things out. Huh, odd. I change from the horrible clothes and put on the new ones, just so they don't try to track me I burn the old ones, and also because I hate them.

I make my way out of the building and head towards the huge green beam in the center of the city. Once I come closer I hear what sounds like whispers coming from the green vines around me. I look as much as I can but I don't see anything.

I keep going and I hear more voices, and occasionally see bright little lights move in between the vines, tails and fur can be barely made out on the little lights. Oh that's right! Spirits live in the vines here, is that what what they look like?
They're pretty.

I get to the green beam, and looking at it up close, it's huge.

Suddenly all of the voices have gone completely silent. I look back on instinct to see if anything is wrong, nothing.

Looking back to the beam it's started swirling all differences kinds of colors in a vortex aimed right for me, aw crap this isn't right. I try to go back but I start to feel a pull, and feel my feet get pulled out from under me.
I let out a short scream and hold in to a vine that's held solid against a tree, I get my arms looped around it so I can try to pull myself up, I am completely vertical as the.. Whatever it is keeps sucking air and me towards it, I try to pull myself up but I can barely move a muscle before I feel the vine move, I watch as the thing unravels itself and let's me slip off.

"NO! WAI-"
Is all I can get out as I feel my body sink through and my vision goes to white.

I feel light, just like I'm floating.....

It's cold, just a bit..... Is it windy outside?

But I can't be floating on the ground can I? Unless I'm...

Feeling in my body comes back to me in a painful rush, like a dream where you can feel your soul fall.

"FUCK!"

I turn as much as I can in the air and I see an ocean come closer, I'm not gonna survive if I hit it like this. I start to move my arms in a gush trying to use air bending to lessen the fall; barely anything.. I really wish I'd practiced more.

I struggle to think of what to do, there has to be something I can do, anything would be good right now. Wait!
I use my bending to draw water up towards me and circle it around my body, I keep it going as fast as I can as I brace for impact.