Trauma (Sam X Reader)

*Author's note this one is a long one since I didn't want to make it more than one part so you have been warned*

Your POV
I walk down a decrepit dark hallway, the only sound the sound of my footsteps bouncing off the walls. Suddenly, behind me, I hear this low snarl that makes my blood run cold. Turning on my heels with caution my (y/e/c) eyes are met with the vision of my mother acting like an wild animal. Guts and blood cover her from head to toe, as my legs give out underneath me. Each step she takes towards me causes my stomach to flip. As her pace quickens so does mine to the point it becomes a race of survival. However, I'm abruptly knocked to the floor to find my little brother above me. Just like my mom, he is covered in blood that is probably not his own. I try to scramble to escape but suddenly they pounce on me which causes me to shoot straight up in my bed, screaming. 

"(Y/n) are you okay?" Sam asks beside me his voice filled with concern as Dean wakes up to turn on the light. My mind raced as my heartbeat loudly in my chest, thank god it was just a dream I thought.

"Yeah, sorry just a bad dream is all." I said meekly turning away from both brothers in an attempt to save face.

"Really? Again, thats the fifth time this week." Dean said his annoyance causing new depths of guilt to rise within me.

"Dean come on give her a break." Sam said as an attempt to defend me, he did this often since I've joined the Winchesters, Sam has become my own personal hero.  Prior to me joining them, I lived a nice quiet college life until my mother and little brother were lost to supernatural forces. The Winchesters saved my life that day and when Sam invited me to join them I accepted, knowing deep down I could not go on the way I had knowing what I know now. Ever since then I've been plagued by nightmares that continuously wake the other boys.

"I'm gonna go out for a walk." I said needing to be alone for a while or just some nice cool air to distract me from my current situation.

"(Y/n) are you sure your alright?" Sam asked his hand reaching up to grip my wrist, the very touch sent shots of electricity through me.

"Yeah, Sam I'm alright." I replied reluctantly pulling my hand away to grab my leather jacket followed by my signature boots to finally walk out into the cold night. I remained against the door for a few seconds when I began to hear the exchange of words between the two brothers.

"What the hell Dean?" Sam seethed at his older brother, angrily.

"What?" Dean responded his voice filled with arrogance.

"Why do you gotta make her feel worse than she already does? (Y/n) has gone through a traumatic experience that ended up costing her the way of life she knew. Can't you cut her some slack?"

"Sammy I know you like this girl and don't get me wrong she's a nice kid but we have to do what's best for what we do. I just don't think this is helping her, seeing this shit all the time."

"You're not even giving her a chance!" Sam shouted.

"Sammy I see the way you look at her, you'll do anything for her. One of these days that girl is going to get you killed, and your too blind to see it!" Dean shouts, the echo of his words seems to repeat inside my mind. My heart began to ache at the thought of Sam dying for me, and I knew deep down he would. Suddenly I no longer had an urge to just walk but to leave the Winchesters. A few weeks ago Dean had taught me how to hotwire, now looking back he probably didn't think I was paying attention. Finding the easiest car for me to drive along with double-checking I had my wallet and phone, I began to hotwire the vehicle. After a while, the job was done and I was pulling out of the motel, tears falling from my eyes. Scared of what a world without Sam filled with monsters would feel like. Even so, I had already made up my mind I can't risk Sam's life. I drove for what felt like hours when my eyes began to feel heavy, so I pulled off onto the side of the road. Locking all the doors, I decided to despite the probable nightmare to sleep. Unconsciously I began to cry again missing the warmth that had so often lulled me to sleep.