Charlotte

I aimed the gun at the man on top of Jake. "Get off of him. Right now." My voice sounded stronger than what I felt. The man looked up to see the barrel of my gun in his face. He slowly stood up. I approached him and struck the top of his head.

Jake laughed. Gracie gasped. I smiled. I took off the gas mask, seeing as I wasn't near the spores anymore.

"Charlotte," Jake said, laughing. "Have I ever told you that I love you?"

"Yes," I answer. "Many times." Gracie's steps sounded before they stopped right behind me. I turned to face her.

"What was that?" She asked, her hands on her hips. I rolled my eyes and put my face mere inches in front of hers.

"That," I started, "was-" arms grabbed me from behind, stopping me in the middle of my sentence. The cold metal of a gun touched my temple. I narrowed my eyes, but the person couldn't see that.

"Get in front of me." Jake moved in front of us, his arms spread out cautiously. The man holding me whispered in my ear seductively.

"You're a tough girl," he said. "Are you tough anywhere else?" I grimaced. I was still waiting. Slowly, when no one moved, he removed the barrel from my temple. I moved.

Jerking my foot upwards, I hit him where the sun doesn't shine. He dropped like a stone. I kicked the glock from his hand. it landed in front of Jake, who picked it up and aimed it at the man. I aimed my own at him, while Gracie stood, panicked. She still had her gas mask on.

Jake finally lowered his gun and laughed. The man picked himself up from the floor. My gun remained at him until Jake gently pressed it to the floor.

"Good practice." I steemed. Practice? I hate him right now.

I drop my gun from one hand, keeping it in my right, switching on safety. "Practice?" I ask, shoving my gun in my jeans band. "That was fucking practice?" Jake gave me a warning look.

"Yes." He looked at Gracie for the first time. "Who is this?"

"Gracie," I answer for her. "Who is this?" I gesture to the man. His greying hair and silver eyes didn't look that bad. He was striking, at least.

"Sean. My brother."

"Your- brother? So... My uncle?"

"Yes." Sean answered for himself this time.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You do realize you suggested...?"

His face reddened almost immediately. "I was in character."

"M-hm," I said skeptically. I looked at the trapdoor above Jake's blonde head. "I'm going to the roof."

His blue eyes pierced my brown ones. "I wouldn't recommend that."

"Neither would I," said Sean. "It's covered in Screechers."

I set my backpack down and pulled out my bow and arrows. "I'll be ready."