Charlotte

The woman dragged Gracie into the nearest building, which was a deteriorating wood house. All the while, the man in all black kept talking. I would've shot him if it weren't for the others. The last man looked back, then closed the door. I was lucky he didn't spot the idiot named Jake, who was still standing. Meanwhile, I'd ducked behind the sign with letters too faded to read.
"Jesus, Jake, you idiot," I grumbled. He looked at me in a surprisingly sassy way.
   "I'm not the one who forgot the water," he retaliated, showing the contents of his bag that were now on the ground. I rolled my eyes, preoccupied with what had just happened in front of me. Our newest member of our group, Gracie, had been... kidnapped?
   "Shit," I mumbled. I hadn't expected this. She would have to be saved. "Newbies are such a hassle."
   "You were once a newbie," Jake retorted. "You couldn't even hold a gun without crying."
   I rolled my eyes and stood up, stretching my arms. "That's not the point. We're going to have to get her."
"Yes, we are." Jake's smile was bright,
I really hate newbies.

Sorry for the shortness of the chapter! I've been having a little bit of writers' block. Thanks for sticking with me, though! 

~Eve