Mianta (Desires)

Liam

Over the last week, Anna and I have spoken about Alexander.  I guess now is a better time as any to break the news.

"When we return next week, Anna has offered her services as tutor until your teacher arrives.  I expect nothing but respect for your Queen and she will guide you in the right direction." I said.

"Time alone with this beauty?  That will not be a problem." He said.

"Keep in mind she is your sister in law and your Queen.  You are lucky I'm considering the opportunity for you, if you step out of line you will be dealt with swiftly." I warned him.

"As swiftly as you did my mother?" He asked.

"Swifter." I leaned in and warned him with amusement in my tone.  He glared at me before excusing himself to chase after a young lass, presumably the daughter of one of our nobles.

I turned to Anna.  "A full day without a tantrum, I do believe we are winning his favor."

She laughed.  "I believe a certain girl has encouraged his attention this week.  That's the daughter of a certain council member of yours, a Sir Byron Baird." She said.

I nodded.  "The attention of a female is much more productive than colluding with the enemy of the crown."

"I must agree." She said.

We drank spirits, danced, laughed and enjoyed our company for the rest of the evening.  We ate fish and shared baked goods until our bellies were too full to move. 

"I do believe it has reached the time to retire to our chambers," I said and once again she agreed.  We have a long journey tomorrow which will require rest this evening. 

I let my guards know and our departure was announced.  The crowd had given their farewells and the guards walked us back to our chambers.  I expect nothing from my bride tonight as the loss of her virginity was traumatic, not only emotionally but physically.  She was so stressed she clamped down like vice grips around me, that had to be painful and it won't be forgotten. 

"You all may retire for the evening as I will tend to my wife's needs," I said to her ladies once we entered.  I offered her another glass of wine and she accepted.

I poured the glasses then handed her one.  "Would you like released from your dress?" I asked.

"Yes please."

We took a few sips before I set our glasses down and once again took off her layers.  I noticed her shift was similar to the one she wore earlier.  I kissed her shoulder before handing her the glass of wine from earlier. 

"Let's sit by the fire."

I had seating arranged in front of the fireplace for exactly this purpose.  I pulled her down to my lap and we enjoyed our wine.

"Tonight we will relax but tomorrow night, I will show you what kind of magic your body is capable of providing."

She smiled down at me.  "Thank you for both your compassion and your love." She leaned her head down and kissed me which only stirred my desires. 

I pulled my head back. "How do you feel about not keeping your Queens chambers and gracing me with your presence nightly in our bed?" I asked.

"I think I might like that but if you keep spoiling me with dresses I may need the Queen's chambers just for storage, otherwise I may find my King drowning in satin and lace." She said. 

"I'll keep spoiling my Queen and the Queen's chambers is a great place for storage."

"I noticed Alexander said the room is now gone?  How did your court react?" She asked.

"Let's just say the nobleman was thankful it was gone before their wives and children arrived and it was mostly the young lads that had as much trouble with the idea," I said with a chuckle.  I was happy to see the thing go.  The room has now been turned into storage for dinner dishes and wine glasses.

"Your brother said you have visited the room." She said.

"My father saw it as a right of passage after one small victory over Cruálacht when I was seventeen," I answered.

"You didn't much care for it?" She scrunched her nose.

"I wouldn't say that, it was a few years ago and I was seventeen.  My curiosities got the best of me." I said.

"Were your curiosities satisfied?" She asked

I smiled.  "Until I met you, you have stirred up all kinds of curiosities," I said as I tried to tickle her but she wouldn't have it.

"Stop, I want to know more about living under your father's rule." She wiggled.

"Fine, what would you like to know?"

"I know he was a dark man but did ever show you love or compassion?" She asked.

"Neither my brother or I know the compassion or love of a father.  He was a cruel man after my mother died.  He was bad enough before her death but after she died he was filled with hate and anger.  He had found out her kindness toward his people and since he couldn't punish her I was his next best target.  I had no life outside of training for battle and my education.  Every moment was dedicated into molding me to be king.  He saw my mother's light in me and was determined to beat it out of me.  My brother was born to a common woman so his lineage made the idea of him becoming king ridiculous to my father.  He chose a bride as manipulative as him but never accepted their son."

"Did Alexander suffer?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, between my father's neglect and his mother's manipulation he is a very confused young man.  The Queen spoiled him where my father condemned him.  This is why he is such threat, he can easily be manipulated but I hope he will grow to be a good man." I said.

"I hope so too." She said and pecked my lips. 

Damn my wife is beautiful and sitting on my lap does nothing to calm my desires.