Chapter 3:Duel

Naofumi stood in the hallway surrounded by weapons that belonged to the knights. He observed them all for some time now. As he looked he decided to maybe by possibly to see if he could hold it.

He reached out with his hand,but right as he was about to make contact with the weapon he suddenly recieved a shock. Once this happened he recieved a reminder box that said that the weapon couldn't be held. He sighed then out of no where a voice had filled with hallway.

"Now heroes,come out onto the field." The voice boomed in the hall.

Naofumi then looked towards the opening doors and proceeded to walk towards them. As he walked to them he had began to hear the sounds of people. After a short while he reached the end and now was on the field,but as he stood there he felt everyone's glare on him. But he pushed that aside and looked towards the man on the otherside.

"This duel will decide the fate of the demi-human slave. This is what this duel between the Spear and the Shield hero is about." A knight said.

As the Knight finished both sides were  given different responses from the people. Cheers for the Spear Hero,and cussing for the Shield Hero. Motoyasu had waved and smiled at at the cheers he was recieving while Naofumi was busy thinking of a strategy.

Before long Naofumi thought up of a plan,so he switched his shield to a design similar to the base,but more square. Once he was done he readied himself and as he did Motoyasu's spear had started to glow.

Motoyasu then full on charged towards the Shield Her yelling his attack named Chaos Spear. Once he heard that Naofumi could only think of something he once played in his world.

Luckily he snapped out and was able to deflect some of the attacks that were coming,but was scathed by one of them that got through. Once he felt the impact he jumped back and kneeled as held onto his shoulder.

Motoyasu only looked at Naofumi through his user interface,but what he noticed was that Naofumi didn't take any hint of damage. Shortly after Naofumi rose up,kept his sight on his target then made a line towards him.

As he made his way towards him Motoyasu had readied himself,then quickly when in range he took a hold of his spear then thrusted it. Once he did this Naofumi put on a small grin before he dodged the thrust then took a hold of the spear. He then pulled himself closer to the Spear hero and launched his punch at him to his gut.

In the background viewing the duel was Myne or Bitch Naofumi's nickname for her. As she saw the attack she only giggled at the sight of Naofumi's assult.

"Really? Like that punch even with the shield could even-huh?"

She took a moment to pause and looked with her gaze as she spotted a balloon on the Spear Hero. At the sight of this she silently questioned how,she got her answer when Naofumi spread both his arms out and lifted his cape like cloak.

What was shown was that on his torso were balloons that had latched on to him ever since the morning. He took a hold of one of them then looked towards Motoyasu.

"What the hell is the meaning of this Naofumi?!" Motoyasu said angerly with his teeth gritting.

"If it's true that I can't win,I'm gonna make you miserable as I possibly can." Naofumi said before he put a small grin then threw the balloon at Motoyasu.

"Like hell!" Motoyasu said with anger as he attacked and destroyed the incoming balloon.

Once he did that action he rushed towards Naofumi,but quickly Naofumi changed his shield. Then at the moment Motoyasu had reached and struck Naofumi with his spear the new shield was revealed to be a the two headed dog shield.