Chapter 5:New Life

[Enjoy the new chapter that took a month to do. I know I'm productive,please no applause. Now onto the chapter and sorry for the errors that I may have missed.]
______________

Naofumi sat on a pile of haystacks. He had been working at a farm outside the kingdom of Melromarc. He had been a helping hand for the owner earning him a rent free place to live.

As he sat he looked as he was able to see the castle of Melromarc,he took this moment to reach in his pocket and bring out a journal. Once he had it out he opened it and brought some of his make shift writing essentials out aswell.

Once he got what he needed to write he waited for them to get ready. As he waited he decided to flip through his written pages.

Page 1-5: The weirdest moment of my life.

"The weirdest moment in my entire had started on that day. The day where I was on the ground surrounded by many people. People would include the King,the princess,the three heroes and apparently a now free slave owned by the apparent dead Shield Hero.

I didn't know what was happening at the moment. What I did know was that I was clothed in armor,with a cape,and was just sitting there wondering to myself "How did I get here?". The events that happened on that day still keep me confused to this day.

The once owned slave of the shield hero was looking asking if I was okay. I said to I was,but then when I asked her who she was her face just dropped. After that apparently the known Pope had come over and cleared some things up for me.

Apparently my name was Naofumi who had failed at beating one of the heroes in a duel. Granted I don't know why I would duel one of them in the first place,but must've been something sadly I can't remember.

After he told me that the known Princess then ordered me to apologize to the Spear hero,which I guess would be the hero I lost to. Then she ordered for some of the guards to take my cloak,and my armor,but left me to keep my clothes. Thank goodness for that or else that would've been humiliating.

After all of that was said and down the King ordered some of the guards to escort me out of the castle and out of the kingdom. The guards then obliged to the king's orders,but as the guards began to escort me I could see from the slave's eyes that she was sad.

I don't even know who she was but seeing her sad just didn't feel right. Like she had been through so much before and now she's going through some pain again. Still though,she was a slave and to the now dead Shield Hero,but why would she be sad me than to her dead slave owner?

Either way after all of that I was quickly escorted out of the kingdom and was escorted to an open field where all I did was look up to the night sky and ask myself...

"What did I just go through?"

I sat down at the field for some time before tiredness took over and before I knew it...I fell asleep."

Naofumi then turned a few pages before he found the next part in his entries.

Page 6-9:The Farm

"After looking around the area I was in it had suddenly had started to rain. I tried to find shelter so I wouldn't catch a cold. Before long though I had stumbled across a Farm that had a little shed near it. I made my way inside the shed where I stayed there until I lost consciousness and fell asleep.

The next day though I woke up to a man with a pitchfork aimed right at me. I explained to him that I was just looking for shelter from the rain and said that I would leave. Little did I know that the man was pretty fairly old,likely in his late 50s.

Once I left the shed I heard my stomach grumble. I stood there as I held onto my stomach,but as I did the old man tapped my shoulder and asked me if I was hungry. Filled with embarrassment I nodded my head which lead the man to chuckle then inviting me in to his house.

In the house he had prepared some food for him,but ended up making a second by accident. He gave me the second which I ate and was amazed at the taste of the meal. I told the old man my opinion on the food and he was amazed to see that I enjoyed the food.

I said my thanks to him,but suddenly I noticed a few grave stones by his home. He must've noticed I was looking at me because he told me "My wife and son." I looked at him with concern once he told me that.

After seeing the gravestones,then knowing his age I looked at him then asked if I could work with him and if I could,then could I live in the shed. I would even pay rent. He then asked why I would work with him. I then responded to him with,"Because it's the least I could do."

He ended up chuckling before he tossed me a pitchfork and pointed towards haystacks.

Guess I got the job..."

Naofumi then turned another and began to read.

Page 10-14: Life working at a Farm

"Working at the Farm was pretty fun to be honest. I feed the many animals here,though I do fear the chickens. I feel like if I even hurt one of them a whole flock of them will come attack me.

Other than that though all the other animals were pretty okay. I worked,which covered my rent which consited of how hard I worked. Easy work since I feel like I was born to work under these circumstances. Like if I was born to work with no almost no help,like if I had only one hand helping.

Either way I worked and was able to live here. One time when the old man and I were eating lunch in his house he saw my clothes and asked if they were the only ones. I replied to him that they were and after that he told me to wait.

In no time he came back with a box of clothes,he told me to change into them and that he would throw away the ones I previously wore. I tried the new clothes on and they fit pretty big on me,maybe 1 size too big but they were comfortable. I then realized that these were possibly from his deceased son and felt bad.

He must've known since he told me to not worry saying that,they have a greater purpose now than they were inside the box. That kinda lifted my spirits,then after the lunch it was back to work.

He then told me that his name was Seildo. I told him my name,but he reminded me that I had already told him then he ordered me to head back to work.

Over all my time working at the Farm was pretty relaxing experience. I enjoy working here,and I'm grateful to have met a kind man who was able to give me a chance.

Maybe,life is good after all."

Naofumi smiled at his entries before he saw that his writing gear was ready. He took his writing utensil,turned a page and began to write his experience of the day...

Page 15:

The Raccoon Girl and the Mysterious Shield...
_______________

End of Chapter 5