Seven

"So you really 'bouta sit in here and wait for him to get back?" Janet asked Toni, as the two were in Toni and Shemar's room.

"Yes, okay?" The woman replied, pacing back and forth throughout the area of which she stood. She wasn't sure as to what Angela spoke about, but wondering if her husband partook in some affair ran across her mind unceasingly. "I need to know what's going on. I can't have Shemar making me look like a fool up here."

Instantly, Janet's eyes rolled to the rear of her head. She found it absurd that the woman would ask her husband about a wrongdoing they'd both be committing. "So, you think it's a smart idea to confront him about cheating when you doing the same shit?"

The other woman waved Janet off, not wanting to hear what was the truth. "It is what it is." Toni then stopped her pacing, eyeing her mistress with curiosity. "And wait a minute, why are you defending him so much? You freaking me and him?"

"Oh, that is bullshit," Janet said back, crossing her arms above her chest. For as bad as it sounded, she might've wanted Toni but definitely not her husband. There was only one person she craved but couldn't have, not two. "All I'm saying is you gon' make yourself look like a damn fool asking that man about some shit you too are guilty for."

"Listen, I hear you," Toni's eyes were still fixed upon the woman's. She motioned between the two of them. "And I know that we do what we do from time to time. But, see yourself in my shoes. If you heard Boris was stepping out on you, wouldn't you want to know about it?" She then placed her left hand upon her left hip and continued with, "You would want to check his ass too, right?"

The other woman moved her shoulders in an up and down fashion, trying to gather a response within her throat. "I would talk to him about it but I'm not about to check him like I'm right when I know I ain't been right." She moved closer to where Toni's presence stood. "Toni, baby, honestly I wouldn't know what to do until it happens to me. But you can't—"

But, before she could continue, her words were cut off when Toni said, "Exactly so at this point you have no input. Regardless of what you say, I'mma handle it how I want to." She then sat herself down on the nearing bed she and her husband shared, incessantly awaiting his arrival. "Besides, wasn't you just at the mall ready to get back so we could figure out who was cheating in the first place?!"

"Yes, yes the hell I was." Janet responded, releasing heavy breaths. "But are you really sitting here right now getting mad because what I'm saying is the truth?" She then eyed the other woman sideways.

Toni waved her off for a second time, replying with, "No, I'm mad because what you saying is some bullshit." Pointing toward the direction of her room's exit, she then moved her head from one side to the other, an indication of her disbelief. "Know what? You can just go. Just give me a second in this room alone, please."

Instantly, Janet felt her heart drop through her chest. She and Toni had gotten into many disagreements before and were able to see above them. But there was something about the disagreements they shared about their own husbands that would always hit too close to home.

Now all while Janet had exited that room, Whitney had just entered hers. In her hands, she still carried the unpaid-for clothing items which she soon placed in one of the closets of the suite. Turning from the closet, she saw Bobby laid out in their shared bed fast asleep. The woman walked closer to where the bed was stationed, then lined her body with the very position her husband's front half rested within. Immediately, she arranged her left hand in a striking position, giving the man a smacking to the right side of his face.