Eighteen

Seated on the edge of their suite's bed, Janet could feel her heart racing throughout her chest. She was heated. Actually, beyond heated. Boris testing positive for HIV could only grant her two outcomes; either he passed it along to her too, or he didn't.

"Oh hey, baby," the man said, after he had gotten out of the shower and entered the living quarters. He was wrapped in only a towel covering the lower half of his body. "Didn't even hear you come in." He then grew closer to his wife, trying to reach for her.

Janet turned away, rolling her eyes. "You know what, I don't know what kind of bitch you take me for," she pointed at him with her index finger. "But I'm about to show you just the bitch I am..."

"Janet, what the hell are you talking about?" Boris began to moisturize his body, standing before her. He was confused. "What's the matter now?"

"You's one sick motherfucker, and I mean that literally." The wife made no eye contact with her husband, feeling heat surround her presence. She was tired of the back and forth, up and down. "When I go get tested and those results come back as positive, I'm gon' fuck you up, Boris."

With widened eyes, the man replied with, "Tested? Tested for what—wait a minute how do you know about that?" It was almost as though he had encountered a ghost.

Janet moved her shoulders up and down, shrugging them. "It doesn't matter. As my husband, you should've told me." She then pointed in the direction of which his cellular device rested. "I shouldn't have to go through your phone to find that out."

Taking a moment to take in all that had just surfaced, Boris breathed deeply. He couldn't believe that his secret had been revealed. But all in all, he felt there was nothing he could do at this point. The damage had already been done.
"Okay so what? You know now, what the hell is it that you want me to do about it?" He then eyed his wife closely. "And since we putting shit on the table, let's put everything on it. I know about you and Toni."

Shocked, Janet rose from where she was seated. "Me and Toni? What do you know about—"

But before she could finish her question, her husband had impeded her words with, "Cut the bullshit, Janet. You don't think I know that's the person you been sneaking around with for all these fucking years?"

The woman grew closer to her husband, raising her voice a bit. "Well if you knew that, why didn't you say anything?!" She then crossed her arms above her chest.

Pointing at her, Boris replied with, "As my wife, you should've told me." He said to her what she had said to him, making matters worse.

Janet too needed a moment. She allowed her mind to replay all of the times which she knew she should have walked away from this marriage, but stayed. She was at her wits end, she was done.
"You know what? Let's just end this shit right here, right now. We both know nothing between us has been right so ain't no good in carrying on." The woman held her low, holding onto her chest. "Lord knows I am tired.

The husband held his hands up, shrugging his shoulders. He had been waiting to hear those words. "Well there you have it. As soon as we go back home I'm filing for divorce. No if's, and's, nor but's about it."

Growing even more angry, Janet shouted back, "You?! You're filing?! Oh, baby. You have met your match today!" She then moved to another area of the suite, grabbing a lamp from a nearing night stand. She threw it at the man, missing him by little. "I swear I'm so sick of your shit!"

Dodging, Boris tried to get out of his wife's way as she began picking up random items to throw in his direction. "So now you acting stupid? Throwing shit?"