Ten

Eight of the ten peers aligned themselves outside, just in front of the resort's entrance. While Blair was at his wife's side in their suite, the other couples decided it'd be best for them to await the ambulance's arrival.

Angela held onto Idris as all she could get herself to do was pray. She wasn't exactly sure as to what was really going on with Mariah, but seeing the woman the way she was reminded her of her own health. She was fighting a sickness that still rang as undisclosed to her closest friends and family. And loathing the idea of them finding her just as they had found Mariah, she began to think that maybe it was time to make everyone aware.

Holding onto her chest, Toni incessantly moved her head from side to side. It had definitely scared her seeing her dear friend laid upon that bed, almost lifeless. "What y'all think even happened?"
She looked over at her other friends, also seeing how shaken up they appeared to be.

"I don't know," Janet said back, shrugging her shoulders. She wanted her focus to be on Mariah's situation—but truthfully—she could only think about her own. There was no denying that her marriage was in shambles and needed immediate fixing. "Shit just been happening left from right since we been here."
Her eyes traveled to Boris, who had been conversing off to the side with Shemar and Bobby. She could only hope the man wasn't notifying his friends about the state of their union.

"That's true," Toni said, moving her body in a fashion that agreed with what was spoken. "Y'all wonder if she been sick? And I don't mean no cold, I mean like really sick?" She was verily concerned. "Wouldn't she tell us?"

Instantly, Angela and Idris eyed one another. If their friends had those expectations for Mariah then of course they'd have the same ones for Angela.
She needed to tell them about her health, and needed to do so immediately.

"Chile, please," Whitney intervened, who had been standing nearby, holding a Newport's cigarette between her fingers. "Mariah's ass ain't been no sick." She waved her peers off. When she realized they'd all been looking at her, she looked at them sideways. "It's something else going on that she ain't said shit about. Ain't no sickness."

The others wondered of what she could've been speaking about. But, before either of them could ask her to further elaborate, nearby sirens grew closer as the ambulance pulled into the lot of the resort.
Once the truck reached the front door, the paramedics vastly got out of the vehicle, pulled out a gurney, then entered through the lobby.

After about fifteen minutes, Mariah was carried out of the building and placed into the ambulance. The friends stood by and watched, taken aback by how dreary the woman was. They had never seen her in such setting, not ever.

Blair, on the other hand, tried to put forth an act of obvious hurt. He wanted it to seem as though he knew nothing of what occurred with his wife, and that he wanted her to be okay. But, if anybody could break through his act, it was Whitney. And she did. She knew he definitely had something to do with the reason the woman was being rushed for an emergency.

Walking through the parking lot to get into their own vehicles, the couples decided to trail the ambulance to whichever hospital they were headed to.

Janet didn't want to cause any further speculation of her marriage—especially after the embarrassment at breakfast—so she followed behind Boris, entering the car like he had.
There was nothing but silence as the two wouldn't allow their mouths to speak. Even though they knew they had a handful to talk about, neither knew how to establish what needed discussing.