V: A Melancholic Reunion

-------------------------------------------------------Chapter Start-------------------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

You: Aaaah. This is the life. 

I'm sitting in an armchair, relaxing at the beach and sipping my favorite drink, (F/D). All of a sudden, the world begins to shake. I take another swig of my drink. oh well, might as well wake up.

Yunyun: (Y/N)! Wake up!

I slowly sit upright and stretch.

You: What is it Yunyun. I was in the middle of a good dream. Is something wrong? 

Yunyun: There calling all the adventurers to the front! One of the devil king generals has arrived!

You: It's him. I'll be their right away.

Yunyun: You know him?

You . . . Its been awhile Beldia.

After arriving at the front with everyone else, my suspicions were confirmed. The very person I had befriended a few years ago, the one who helped me settle in when I came here, stood right before me. Beldia. A once honorable knight now a Dullahan of the devil king.

Kazuma: I-It can't be . . . I thought he was dead!

Aqua: These scum will always come back Kazuma. No worries, I'll just defeat him again!

Aqua sends out a wave of water towards Beldia. I presume that's what he was weak too before his resurrection. Instead, it did nothing but mildly inconvenience him.

Beldia: That tactic will not work on me anymore. I'm immune to your water or holiness. 

A few of the guild members launch attacks at him only for him to bat them away with his blade.

Beldia: I would destroy your town for what they did to my castle and minions. BUT! I will cease my onslaught if one of you can fight me in a duel.

A murmur went through the crowd. Nobody was stepping forward.

You: I'll do it. 

Yunyun: (Y/N), you cant!

You: I need to do this. He and I go back.

I walk towards him and call out his name.

You: Beldia! 

He turns and looks at me before (presumably) smirking.

Beldia: So! My former disciple is the one to challenge me? Quite the peculiar turn of events!

Another murmur goes through the crowd. Shocker that I was a disciple to a devil king general.

You: It has been a while Beldia. But I'm stronger now! This time I will beat you!

I rushed forward with my blade ready.

Beldia: So be it!

He rushed forward and our swords clashed causing a loud metallic clang to emanate from the area.

Beldia: You've gotten stronger. But so have I!

He strikes me with the hilt of the sword sending me into the ground. I get back up and throw my weapon at him. He deflects it and it returns to me.

You:  I know you're holding back. I want to fight you at full strength!

A dark aura surrounded him. He then seemingly teleported in front of me and managed to slash me with his sword.

Beldia: You've grown. But alas I must strike you down.

-Flashback: In Third Person-

A younger (Y/N) can be seen stumbling through a forest. He couldn't find a way out and was low on health. Eventually, He collapsed due to fatigue when coincidentally, a band of knights come through and notice. They took him in and nursed him back to health. They saw the weapon he had and decided to teach him magic and how to handle the weapon. The person who taught him how to wield the blade currently stood over him.

?????: Your technique is lackluster. At this rate, you will never beat me. 

(Y/N): I will! Let me try again!

?????: That's the spirit! Come on! Have at you!

-Flash Back End-

Beldia swung the blade at me sending me into the walls of Axel sending me through it.

Beldia: Why won't you go down? JUst give up and it will be painless. As your former teacher, I can assure that, knights honor.

You: I remember hearing a quote from something.

Beldia: ?

You: "It ain't about how hard you hit: It's about how hard you can get hit. And keep moving forward. It's about how much you can take."

I begin to get up with a newfound sense of power well up inside of me. The runes of my blade began to glow and instinctively get up and aim my sword.

Beldia: Just what are you attempting to do.

I begin to spin around my blade as energy began to charge a massive magical attack. 

You: Omni Elemental Blitz!

An attack of all the elements combined struck Beldia and pierced him through the chest.

Beldia: G-Gah! I-Impossible. Have I been bested yet again?

He falls to his knees. 

You: I'm sorry it had to turn out this way. 

He (presumably) smirks again. 

Beldia: So you have finally won a battle against me. For that, I must congratulate you. I want you to have this.

He hands me the giant sword he was using earlier.

Beldia: Consider it a parting gift. You've done us all proud.

He closed his eyes before crumbling away into dust.

You: . . .

I took his blade and kept it in my inventory.

Yunyun: (Y/N)? Are you alright?

It seems that in my daze, Yunyun had walked up to me.

(Y/N): I'll be fine Yunyun. It's just that I had to kill my mentor. He and his comrades helped me to adjust and become the person I am today. 

Yunyun: Oh. I'm sorry about that.

All of a sudden, a bunch of soldiers marched and surround us and pointed their weapons at me.

Black-Haired Girl: (Y/N) (L/N)! You are hereby under arrest for working with the Devil King!

------------------------------------------------------------------------Chapter End----------------------------------------