6: Inquisition

--------------------------Chapter Start------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

Yunyun: W-What?! But (Y/N) has done nothing wrong!

The girl, who was now known as Sena, merely pushed up her glasses. 

Sena: You were seen socializing in the past with three devil king generals, meaning you work with him.

You: What did I do again?

Sena: You were conspiring against the kingdom of Belzerg. For that his punishment is execution!

You: She must be referring to Beldia, Wiz and Vanir.

The guards locked me up. And began leading me to some sort of jail coach.

Yunyun: You cant! You cant! Please, He's innocent! He'd never try to intentionally hurt someone!

You: Do I have permission to say goodbye to my loved ones?

Sena: . . . Make it quick.

I was released and I hugged Yunyun as she sobbed into my chest. 

You: I promise I'll get out of this somehow Yunyun. 

I ruffle her hair causing the teary-eyed Yunyun to look up at me,

Yunyun: B-But you cant! Y-You cant go.

You: Please don't cry Yunyun. I won't die. I promise.

The guards took me away and put me into the carriage. I'd break out of it easily but, I don't want to give them any more reason to try and execute me.

 The way to the prison was largely uneventful. To the point, I fell asleep. Then I woke up in a cell. I checked my inventory and saw that they didn't confiscate anything. I sighed a breath of relief. Apparently, Kazuma had gone through something like this. He says as long as you tell the truth, you'll get out rather easy. Something about a bell? I really don't know. 

You: Man. I would break out but then again, they might imprison me for real.

Dust: (Y/N)?! What are you doing here?

You: I got accused of working with the devil king general. You?

Dust: Uhh . . . perversion?

You: I'm not surprised. is this where you keep disappearing to every three days?

Dust sheepishly rubs the back of his head.  This kid has strayed too far from god. . . Might as well take a nap. Kazuma said that it takes a long time for the court to actually get your case. I'm going to be here for a while.

-With Yunyun-

Kazuma: Hey, Yunyun. What are you doing?

Kazuma looked at a very pissed off Yunyun sharpening one of (Y/N)s swords. Ever since (Y/N)s arrest Yunyun went through the three of the five stages . . . despite you not being dead. Right now she's at anger.

Yunyun: Getting ready to break (Y/N) out of jail.

Kazuma: Yikes! I don't think I've ever seen her this serious or angry. . .

Yunyun: Do you think it's sharp enough? 

Kazuma: I-I don't think you have to go down that route, Yunyun. I mean, they did this to me. Most of their accusations are flimsy and the only thing holding them together is the fact you "know" a General.

Yunyun didn't seem to relax. So Kazuma put his hand on her shoulder, earning him a glare. He quickly recoiled and went to the other members of his party. 

Kazuma: Megumin, you know her. WHy don't you talk to her before she hurts someone?

Everyone glances at Yunyun attempting to hit a tree with the sword only for it to fly out of her hands.

Megumin: When she's like that? Yeah no.

-Back To You-

After a while, they finally got to my trial. I heard the Yunyun was getting ready to storm the prison and break me out. Honestly, I'm flattered. So i walked outside and stood at the podium. I've got nothing to hide. They won't find me guilty.

Sena: ALright, the defendant (Y/N) (L/N), is here for conspiracy against the kingdom and working with the Demon King generals. Do you plead guilty?

You: No.

Sena: QUestion number one. Is it true you knew a Demon King General?

You: Yes i did. Contrary to popular belief, this specific general used to be an honorable knight before something bad happened to him.

The bell didn't ring. It's true, Beldia was unjustly executed. 

Sena: Question Number two. Did you plan an attack on the kingdom?

You: No. I work for an adventurers guild. Why would i do that? You're argument is falling apart, lady.

A couple of snickers went through the crowd. This caused Sena to blush and start getting flustered really quickly.

Sena: Question Number three. Did you-

Judge: Sena that's enough. This man isn't guilty. Let him go and stop making a mess of yourself. I swear, I'm getting deja vu . . .

Sena: THe defendant is . . . not guilty.

She walked me out of the place and freed me from your shackles. 

You: Hey. You tried out there. Maybe next time you'll actually find someone who is guilty. You might want to read up on the person you're accusing though.

Sena blushed furiously and looked away.

Sena: J-Just leave already! You've already made a fool of me! Like that other guy.

You: Sorry about that!

I began walking into the sunset. Its gonna take a while to get back. 

-TImeskip Brought by Megumin attempting to calm Yunyun down-

I finally reached our house. By then, it was evening, probably approaching dusk. I opened the door to be met with Kazuma's party along with Yunyun.

Yunyun: (Y/N)! You're back!

She runs into my arms and hugs me tightly. I get the rundown from the others before they leave and I've got to say. I'm really proud of Yunyun. She isn't afraid to stand up for what she thinks is right. 

Yunyun: are you okay? Did they hurt you? Did-

You: I'm fine, Yunyun. 

I give Yunyun a peck on the lips, earning her a smile. She then rested her head on my chest as i held her. I think back to what Kazuma said about Yunyun.

The thought of Yunyun, with a sword. It scares me.

----------------------------------------------------------Chapter End------------------------------------------------------