Adopted?

Soon after the trio of strangers left, I asked Scott and Stiles to leave as well. A part of me really didnt want to be alone, the other part of me simply wanted a moment to think. Think about the possibility that I could actually be adopted.

Setting down on my bed I looked around at my partially destroyed room. The lose papers laid on the floor. The overhead light was no longer working making the room darker than usual.

With a sigh I waved my hand, the numerous amount of candles in the room lit on command sending the room into a delicate glow.

Moving from the bed to my closet the dress I had on was exchanged for a pair of black leggings with a yellow pullover hoodie. A pair of black long socks placed onto my cold feet. Moving back to the bed I pulled a Grimore from my shelf on the way.

Making myself comfortable on the top of the bed I began to think about what the boy had said. He seemed rather adamant that he was my brother. That we were the same.

What was that word he had used, Shadowhunters? What was a shadowhunter?

🌙🌙🌙

The trio of Shadowhunters made it back to the warehouse apartment. When they entered it was rather quiet.

The Lightwood siblings didnt speak, unsure of what to say. Everyone else in the room felt the tense atmosphere, deciding against speaking.

Jace plopped down onto the couch, placing his face in his hands. Alec sat next to him waiting for him to talk first.

"I messed up big time." Jace said with a sigh.

Isabelle nodded lightly setting into an arm chair across from the two. The rest of the group soon found seats as well curious as to what had happened at the party.

"You kind of just shouted at her." Isabelle stated quietly.

"I dont know why I did." Jace said sadly, "maybe I just wanted her to be happy that she had a brother? Maybe I was just rushing?" He ranted.

"Definitely rushing." Isabelle deadpanned.

"Izzy." Alec scolded lightly knowing he was thinking the same thing.

"What do I do now?" Jace asked.

The room was in silence for a moment. The majority of the group not knowing enough about tonight's events to respond.

"We try again." Alec stated, "but a more delicate approach." As an after thought he stated quietly, "not yelling that she's adopted.."

Jace frowned at the mention of what he had done. The rest of the room went wide eyed at the revelation. Jace couldn't get the look on her face out of his mind. When he first saw her she seemed to be having a hallucination. She repeatedly yelled "no" into an empty room. She looked on the verge of a panic attack. Jace doing the first thing he could think to de-glamored and brought her into his arms. At the contact she went to the floor and Jace followed.

When he had shouted that she was adopted, her whole body tensed. Jace wasnt sure how he planned on breaking the news to her. All he knew was he did, and not gently either. The other thing was how she was managing to do the things she did. The crackling sound of the electricity, the way she pushed him off her without trying.

Jace turned to Magnus, "is it possible for a shadowhunter to have warlock blood?"

Magnus furrowed his brows in confusion, "I've never met nor heard of it being a thing. I'm assuming not."

"She claimed to be a witch." Isabelle stated, "Showed it as well."

"How so?" Magnus asked, with interest he sat forward hands on his knees.