❃ A Memorable Confession ❃

∘◦❁◦∘

Hello guys! I hope you are having a nice day so far! This chappy is a continuation to million emotions but can be read as a stand alone as well.

Zoya's confession on the way!

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

Aditya walks into his cabin tired due to the wedding event held last night. He felt elated as everything went well, at the same time dreaming about his own marriage with Zoya, when, or if, it happens.

Sometimes, he does get reminded of Pooja, their marriage, her betrayal.
On some days, He feels how wonderful it would be, he, making frittatas for her while she, stating it is same as omelette for hundredth time, she forcing him to get wet in rain while he, trying to persuade her that he will catch cold...
But, it could never be this way anymore, at least this is not what his destiny wanted.

He has finally come to accept the fact that, those memorable moments with pooja celebrated their friendship and not love.
Maybe he did love her or maybe he didn't,
But life becomes easier when he chooses to believe that he never loved her, accepting the betrayal becomes easier, still painful though.

In his heart, he knows that his truest love is Zoya, She makes him feel alive, closer to himself, closer to life.
She brings that sunshine to his life which pooja took with her.
She is his life, and this is a fact, no matter of she loves him or not, he would never stop loving her, he cannot even if he tried to.

He might thinks that his nafrat is more Bepannaah than his mohabbat, but no one will believe this seeing his love for Zoya, not even Aditya himself.

As he is immersed in his thoughts, he hears a knock at the door,
"Aa jao Aakansha"
"Sir, ye Zoya ma'am ne aapke liye bhijawaya hai"
He hands him a letter and goes.
"Zoya letter kyu de rahi hai, wo to 2 kadam dur baithi hai, ajeeb ladki hai"
Nonetheless, he opens the letter,
Aditya, aapko yaad hai, hum jis lake pe mile the, aapke Paris jaane se pehle,
aaj shaam 7 baje waha miliye Hume please, koi sawaal nahi.

Aditya is pleasantly surprised and thinks 'what is his Ghalib on to now?'

✦ ✦ ✦

6:00 pm~
Zoya is busy in the arrangements of their, well, 'first date', she is excited and nervous as to how will she propose. She tried writing a paragraph but she tore it off and decided she will just let her heart decide how it wants to convey what it feels, after all her heart chose him. She is also nervous thinking about what this new chapter will bring, but she knows that peace is what she yearns now for, and being Aditya makes her feel exactly that.

Somewhere she has a doubt that she might be rushing, but she doesn't want Aditya to suffer more of the confusion and this complicated status of their relationship specially now when she has realised.

She sees the time on her phone, It is 6:40 pm, she tells her helping staff to leave as she finds everything ready.

✦ ✦ ✦

Just five minutes left to 7:00 as Adi arrives near the lake, dressed in black suit looking handsome as ever as he sees Zoya seated on the same bench they sat 1 year back.
He comes and takes a seat beside her and just then Zoya feels his presence and turns to face him.

She sees him looking more handsome than ever in the black suit and a shade of hue appears on her cheek as she utters,
"Aap ache lag rahe hai"

While Aditya is literally speechless seeing Zoya looking ethereal and beautiful in a red Saree, he felt as if his heart stopped beating for a second or two.
He somehow manages to form a sentence,
"Tum bhi bahut khoobsurat lag rahi ho".

Zoya smiles seeing him looking at her in such a way, there was just something about his eyes which she cannot describe, and can't help but just get lost into.

Aditya, so as to not make Zoya feel uncomfortable starts taking a look in his surrounding.
Candles kept on the table, table decorated with lights and curtains, Aditya kind of sensed with the romantic mood of the anvironment of what was coming next but he kept his heartbeats in check so as to not hurry up.

Zoya breaks the silence and speaks nervously,
" woh humne aapko yaha kuch baat karne ke liye bulaaya tha"

Aditya looks at her angelic face, the face that held an unsaid innocence, he can look into her face whole day, those eyes, they held the deepest emotions of her soul which her words could never convey and Adi understood what her eyes held today.

She took his hand and they both walked towards the lake.
Lake looked so serene as moon's reflection fell on its surface, its calm waters and a silence surrounded the place.

Zoya looked into Aditya's eyes and Aditya looked into hers. They both communicated million emotions without a word exchanged but the universe and their destiny still has to hear the long awaited confession.

And Zoya finally utters with little droplets of tears in hereyes,
"Nahi jaante Aditya, kab aur kaise, par ho gaya, Bepannaah mohabbat ho gayi hai aapse, sach kahe to humne kabhi nahi chaha ki aisa ho, har mumkin koshish ki apne aap ko rokne ki, lekin ho gaya" , her voice cracks due to overflow of emotions. Aditya tightens his hold on her hand as his eyes become wet as well.

Suddenly Zoya hugs him with a force that makes him lose his balance a little but he stabilises himself along with Zoya.
He hugs Zoya back, kissing her on her forehead as she couldn't stop her tars from flowing.

And, in this moment she forgot everything, her previous marriage, yash, his betrayal, divorce, everything, the only thing that she could feel was Aditya's presence and his heart beating in his chest.

She wanted to say a lot of things, convey a lot of emotions, but her heart just felt one thing at this moment and that is her unbounded love for him.

And, Aditya, he felt as if he got a new life, his heart, once left shattered and broken now seems to be beating perfectly as Zoya's head lay just above his heart.

There was no need of saying a single word more, their only need was to keep eachother so close so as to hear eachother's heartbeat.

Those heartbeats which are synchronised, playing a unique tune, and beating in a rhythm which only they can hear.
Both of them, finally happy, as their missing and broken pieces has finally been fixed.

Love is two hearts beating as one

-------- ≪ °✾° ≫ --------

I hope you enjoyed reading it! Do vote and turn that star in orange, also comment your views about this update below, in line comments will be very much appreciated. I always look forward to read them. The votes and comments motivate me a lot!

Oh and one thing more, it would be nice if you could give your honest reviews about these one shots, like what are the things you like, dislike, where do I need to improve, things like that. I will surely take your thoughts into consideration so as to improve my writing.

Have an amazing day! I have literally no idea about when would be the next update, lets just say whenever my mind is in the 'writer mode' lol. These days have been rough, it still isn't much better, but I thought writing might distract me a little, so yeah, this is what my mind came up with. Short one and Not the best I know, but I hope you all weren't disappointed.

And, 2K+ reads!!! Initially I thought the reads won't even cross 50, Thanks for all your support!

∘◦❁◦∘