Chapter Two

Cheryl's POV

"That would be me" I said as I eyed the girl in the back of the room. She wore a Southside Serpent leather jacket accompanied with ripped black jeans and black nike slides.

"Good to know" She said as she sling her bookbag around her shoulder and started for the door.

I recognized her as Toni Topaz. She was known to be a player as soon as she got here. I constantly have to listen to the River Vixens talk about boys and occasionally she comes up in conversation. They say things like "I'd go gay for her" and "She's already slept with half the school". I'd definitely noticed her but it seems she hadn't even heard of me.

I caught up with her outside the room.

"It's surprising you've never heard of me, I'm quite the talk of the town."

She jumped a little at my sudden appearance.

"You definitely aren't the "talk of the town", She said making quotes with her fingers.

"Whatever" I huffed.

"What did you say your name was Red?" She smirked.

"It's Cheryl, not "Red", I said mimicking her quotation marks with my fingers.

"Well then", She said backing me against the wall and putting her hand above my head, "I hope we can get to know each other."

It immediately sent chills down my spine and my legs turned to jelly. If you asked me why my body responded that way, I couldn't tell you because I didn't know myself.

"Nervous?", She said her voice getting husky. Her body was pushed up against mine. I can see why so many girls fall victim to her charm.

Wait what?

My breath hitched in my throat. I felt like I was about to faint. My stomach was jumping with butterflies.

One of her Serpent friends came as if they were on cue and pulled her off of me.

"Jesus Toni, Im always pulling you off some girl." The beanie wearing boy huffed.

Why did that just hurt my feelings.

"This better be important Jughead I was kind of in the middle of something", Toni said sending a smirk my way.

There go the butterflies

"It is, looks like a brawl between Serpents and the Northsiders, we need you to balance the playing field.", Jughead explained.

Brawl?

A big smile made its way into Toni's face. "Say no more." She said taking off after Jughead, leaving me in my thoughts.

Why couldn't I push her off of me?
Did I even want to push her off me?
What the hell was with the butterflies?

I was interrupted by Veronica calling my name.

"Cheryl hello?!"

"Sorry what", I said shaking Toni out of my thoughts.

"Come on hurry, I think you wanna see this." She said leading the way.

She explained as we walked towards the school doors, "An all out brawl between the Serpents and the Bulldogs. I saw your girlfriend Toni at the front line with Jughead."

"Toni is not my girlfriend, I'm straight, why would you even think that?" I questioned.

"I saw you two getting cozy in the hallway", She shrugged.