Chapter Four

Cheryl's POV

I just met up with Betty and Veronica in front of the school. It had been a couple days since the incident and neither Jughead Nor Toni had been to school. Betty said Jughead left the night he got there and I told her Toni did the same. I'd woken up on my bed and she was gone. Knowing that she carried me from where I was on the floor to my bed always makes my heart do a flip.

"Speaking of Jughead" Betty said snapping me out of my thoughts, guess they'd been talking about Jughead, "Cheryl you never told us how you and Toni even became friends."

"Yeah "Friends", Veronica said chuckling.

They've been interrogating me for days now.

"It's like I said, I was just helping a classmate plus she's my partner for the project." I said shrugging.

I couldn't tell them I possibly had feelings for Toni, I hadn't even fully accepted it myself.

"Speaking of Toni" Veronica said turning her head towards the parking lot where Toni and Jughead had just arrived on motorcycles.

"Juggie!" Betty squealed running towards him.

I couldn't take my eyes off Toni. The way she walked, The way she dapped up the various serpents that ran up to her, that smirk, it all captivated me.

"Oh shit, you are so looking at her with heart eyes" Veronica laughed.

"You don't know what you're talking about." I said turning my attention back to Toni.

The serpents had began to walk towards the main doors, Toni and Jughead leading the pack.

Various people spoke to Toni and Jughead as they walked. Somebody had taken a video of the fight a couple days ago and the serpents had gotten popular. Like really popular. Mainly Jughead and Toni, since they were the ones throwing the big blows plus Toni and Jughead basically taking stab wounds from Reggie.

As Toni neared me and Veronica, Toni finally noticed me. When she caught my eye, my breath hitched in my throat and my legs did that thing again.

Butterflies

She simply smirked at me and turned her attention back to the many students of Riverdale coming to greet her.

She didn't even give me more than a glance.

I don't even know why I cared. It's not like I liked her. Right ?

"You so like her" Veronica teased as she poked my side.

"You've never sounded crazier ." I said turning to walk into the school.

"You can deny it all you want. You like her." Veronica said catching up to me and immersing herself into her phone.

"You can deny it all you want"

I shook it out of my head and headed to first period.

"I'll see you later Ronnie." I said as I turned a different corner and entered my classroom just as the bell rung.

Mr. Morton had assigned us tables with our partners. For the last couple days I had to sit alone and work alone due to Toni's absence.

Toni walked in laughing with another student about 5 minutes late.

She wore a yellow hoodie, black ripped jeans and black nike slides with her hair in a messy bun.

She looked perfect

"Pick your jaw up off the floor Red." Toni snorted as she approached the table and sat down next to me.

I felt my cheeks heat up so I pulled out out my phone and pretended to be interested in it.