Chapter One

******** This text is covered by the international copyright laws. This content may not be copied to another computer, published, stored, reproduced or altered in any way. Any violations of this is punishable by law. ********

© 2016 by LaurenJ22.

All rights reserved.

--------------------------

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein.

Hey guys! So this is my new story that I've been working on. Ages ago I had story called Faithless and then took it down because I didn't like it haha. But this is not the same story, just so that's clear. Anyway, I'm having fun writing this so hopefully you enjoy it!

Enjoy lovelies x

To keep updated with me and what's going on, here are various social media accounts of mine which you can follow:

Instagram: LaurenJ_22

Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/authorlaurenjackson

If anyone is interested in submitting me any banners, covers, book jackets, trailers or just want to hit me up with an email, mine is: laurenj.22@hotmail.com

Dedication: To xXSwimmer_ChickXx for the amazing trailer! Her work is absolutely fantastic, you really should check her out! Thank you so much again for it Sammie.  Absolutely love it! :)

------------------------------

The knife twisted in my back painfully.

Figuratively speaking, of course. I felt a little breathless as I stared at my father. Unshed tears burned at my eyes as his words bounced around inside my mind. My stomach churned uncomfortably with the urge to be sick. This couldn't be happening again. Clenching my fist, I leaned forward a little, as if that would ease some of the ache in my chest.

"You said you wouldn't leave again." I whispered, the words getting caught in my throat.

His own watery eyes burned into mine as he begged for me to understand. I know he was doing this for me, but the best thing would be to stay here. He shook his head slightly, his lips parted. I looked away from him, attempting to hold it together. Sure, we had talked about this a few times but I didn't think he would seriously leave again.

"I know what I said. There are no jobs here. We're struggling to pay the bills as it is and with Nancy moving out..." he trailed off, rubbing his neck.

Nancy could go to hell.

My father and I live in this giant, two story house just out of town. For as long as I can remember, even when mum was still living with us, we lived on the top floor and always rented the bottom out. It was so big that it was almost like two houses on top of each other.

Nancy has been renting the floor beneath us for a couple years now. To say I strongly dislike her would be the understatement of the century. She was loud, obsessive, annoying and clingy. My father and she had a 'thing', which made my skin crawl. Worse than that, she insisted I call her mum, which did not go down well with me.

"I always said we could move." I argued although I loved this house and the thought of moving made me cringe. I would make the sacrifice if it meant having him here with me. My dad was practically my best friend, as lame as that sounds.

"This house has been in our family for a long time. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else."

"But you are!" I exclaimed, exasperated. "You're leaving. Again."