Heated Lockers

|Heated Lockers|

I wake up to the sunrise peeping through my curtains. I roll over and check my wooden digital alarm clock. 6:00 am. This gives me an hour until I have to walk to school. Fun.

I stumble out of bed to pick out my outfit. It's my first day in a new school and I want to look my best. I throw on a band t shirt and layer denim overalls on top. I walk over to my dusty mirror, which still has boxes infront, and decide what I want to do with my hair. I absolutely hate my hair down. Free and flowing. Yuck. I grab a scrunchie and tie my hair into a half up half down.

"Lily!! Addy!! Come here for breakfast!!" my mom says. She hands me some Minute Maid orange juice and a granola bar. "Remember Lily, the maintenance man Mr Miyagi is coming to fix our toilet. Please don't bother him when you get home" she says. "Okay" I answer. Slipping on my checkered Vans, I take a bite out of my granola bar and start walking to school with Addison.

I hope I dont see Daniel, I think. Reseda's school is like any ordinary high school : Couples making out, girls breaking the dress code, and many fights. While walking to the main office, something catches my eye ; a group of muscular boys wearing red jackets. On the back of the jacket is a giant snake that fills the space. No, not just a snake - a cobra. They stand in a circle and chant "COBRA KAI COBRA KAI!" I'm not entirely sure I want to know what that means, but its probably some sort of cult.

I search the crowded halls to find locker 302

I search the crowded halls to find locker 302. Finally, I think as I put in the combination. Smack! A hand hits the locker next to mine and I start to heat up. I turn around to see Daniel with his hand pressed against the locker. His face is so close to mine; I can feel my face burning like my feet on hot sand. The warmth from my face is making me anxious. Damn he is hot. No boys, I think. "Hey, I never got your name?"he says.

I'm completely lost in him, but then I snap out of it and answer, "Lily. Yours?"

"I'm Daniel" he replies.

"Look I'm sorry about yesterday. I was being difficult."

"No its fine. I can tell you're stubborn."

I dont smile nor say anything. Stay blunt, you'll end up falling for him, I think. He sees the emotionless look on my face and says, "Hey come on!I'm only joking. I'm a bit if a hothead myself. Ask Mr Miyagi." He continues to keep his hand on the locker and smirks when he asks, "so what are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing," I say, "and no, I don't want to go on a date with you." Daniel pauses and I can see him turn a little red."Woah woah!," he says "I just wanted to hang out as friends. We can go to Golf n Stuff. I'll show you around."

I think about it for a moment. Mom does want me out of the house when the maintenance man comes. "Fine", I say (very bluntly), "sounds fun". Daniel takes his hand off the locker, smiles, and walks away.

I guess I'm hanging out with Daniel LaRusso tonight.

|authors note|

more to come in the future!