Suddenly I See

Friday morning, and Anna was sat at the counter, her cheek resting on her left palm, her right hand lazily stirring the contents of her cup with her teaspoon. 

She had woken up that morning at 7am sharp, feeling extremely energic, ready to face her morning shift and then maybe take a walk around the city in the afternoon, trying to get her mind off of things for a while.

The previous night she had finally turned in the first part of her dissertation to her advisor, after she had stared at the screen for a good 30 minutes, her fingers hovering over the Enter-key, always on the verge of pressing it, but then, withdrewing itself at the last minute, suddenly insecure about it, thinking about how many mistakes had gone unnoticed by her not so careful eyes during her thousands rereads. 

She had had to do it with her eyes closed, biting her tongue, pressing the key in one swift motion, because if she had waited a little more she would've never sent it, or, worse, she would've started doubting it to the point where she would've had to go and reread it from the beginning. And, knowing herself, she was sure that in that particular mental state she would've hated anything she had wrote down, and would've had the brilliant idea to rewrite it from the very beginning - knowing it was a mad thing to do for one simple reason: the deadline to send it to Mr. Serpico was that Sunday, and she would've never been able to rewrite 30 perfect pages in the span of 8 hours. No one would've. 

After she had finally pressed the Enter-Key, she had opened her eyes, staring at the screen that was basically screaming at her that her message had been sent and that she would've received a receipt as soon as Mr. Serpico would've opened the email. She was expecting to break a massive sweat, have a small panic attack or have a major crying session - just as she had experienced after many of the projects she had sent during the years. Instead, she had been washed over by a giant wave of relief and adrenaline. Deep down she knew that what she had wrote down was absolutely perfect  and valid and also interesting - something that some dissertations lacked of (she knew it, due to the many dissertation presentations she had attended during the years) - and she was absolutely proud of it. 

She had let out a little squeal, pumping her fists in the air, and doing a little dance, still sitting. 

She felt like she could've done anything, and the next day - that very same morning - she had woken up extremely energic and ready to go to work - even walk to work. 

Instead, she was sitting at the counter, lazily stirring the contents of her cup with a teaspoon. 

She sighed, looking at the time on her phone: 9:00am. 

Harry was probably still sleeping - he had came home late the previous night, due to staying over at the coffee shop to get as many preparations done for the following morning so he could attend his mythology lecture in peace. He had switched his morning shift for the afternoon one, starting at 16:30 and finishing at 20:30, or even later. 

Anna sighed again, feeling all her energies slowly leaving her body, dripping down on the kitchen floor and going right out of the window, probably going to find someone else to wash over. Someone who actually had something to do that day. 

She hid her face behind her hands, silently praying that she could've gone back to sleep - and knowing damn well she would've never been able to. Once fully awake sleep didn't come to her for at least 8 full hours. A blessing or a curse, depending on the occasion. 

"Why are you still here?" - a rather groggy and raspy morning voice coming from in front of her made her look up. 

Harry was standing outside of his bedroom, rubbing his eye with the back of his hand, to get rid of the morning's cloudiness and the sleepiness still clunging to it, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers.