seven

*Shawn's pov*

"I wasnt sure when I was going to tell you. And I'm scared you're not going to believe me. But I think that gives so proof." I say referring to the screaming girls.

"What are you talking about? I'll believe you." Chloe looked so confused, like a deer in headlights that didn't know what was happening.

"Those girls know who I am." I begin but was cut off.

"So do I. What makes them special?" She says dully

"No you don't understand. I don't  know them." I say, pausing to let it sink in. "There are millions of people who know who I am. But they don't really know me, not like you do, or my mom or dad, or aaliyah, and my friends."

"Then how?"

"You know how I told you I worked for Island records?" I ask

"Yeahh you're a producer or somthing  right? I just assumed." She says

"You really don't know? I thought you would have figured it out by now. Put the pieces together chloe! A singer. I'm a singer!" I say getting a little frustrated.

"Calm down. I believe you, I just can't believe I was stupid enough to not figure it out! Shawn mendes stupid! You knew that." She says the first part to me and the second to herself.

"Hey don't say that about yourself! And besides, if you knew who I was then we never would have been on our first date." I say.

"Whys that?" She asks looking up at me curiously.

"When Emma wanted to set me up with someone she was telling me all about you, and you sounded amazing. But then I asked her the most important question, if you knew me. Because I didn't want a girl to like me just because I'm famous, I wanted somthing real. I get that with you." I say.

"Oh my god shawwnnn! That was so sweet." She smiles, looking at me, her eyes shining. I swear her eyes flicked down to my lips. No stop it, she didn't do that, and you're just making that up, I tell myself.

"How bout some music?" She says reaching and turning on my radio. A very familiar song starts playing, and before I could stop it I hear my own voice coming through my car speakers. I quickly reach forward and turn it off.

"Whyd you do that?" She whines.

"Because that is my song" I say

"Well. I wanna hear it." She says stubbornly and turning it back on.

I watch her as she smiles slightly.

"I really like that." She says to me after the song was over.

"You don't have to lie to me just because we're dating." I say

"First of all. I'm not lying. And second. You've never actually asked me to be your girlfriend." She says

I pull into the driveway of my house and look at her. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes" she says without hesitation.

I lean in and our lips touch.

Sorry this was so cringy. But on another note Senorita comes out tonight! and I'm fangirling