fourteen

*Chloe's POV*

This is the fourth day that I've been sick. And shawn has been next to me the whole time. According to the doctor I should be almost at my best by tomorrow. And I really do feel better, but shawn doesn't believe me, and insists on staying with me, not that I'm complaining.

"Where are you going?" Shawn asks nervously, when I stand up from the couch.

"I'm going to take a shower. I haven't had one in like three days since I've been sick. And I probably stink." I say.

"Maybe you'll get some food after. You haven't eaten in three days either." He says grouchily.

"I have eaten!" I say defensively.

"Three saltine crackers and half a cup of water doesn't count as eating." He argues.

"Surely it was more then three." I say.

"I COUNTED!" He says.

"Ok so when you say I need to eat, does that mean you're gonna take me out?" I ask playfully.

He hesitates before answering, "I don't know. What if you start to feel sick again?"

"Shawn I'm fine." I say.

"Fine. If you think you're ok, then I'll take you somewhere to eat." He says, half smiling.

"Yay! It's a date then." I cheered before running to get in the shower.

When I got out i went to pick out my outfit.  I chose a simple black shirt, jeans, a brown cardigan, and the ring shawn gave me. (Outfit below)

I put on a little bit of makeup then, for the first time in a few months, decided to straighten my hair

When I was finished I went back into the living room where shawn sat on the couch playing on his phone. I went over and sat next to him causing him to look up.

"Woah." He said, his eyes wide. "How am I supposed to play with your curls?" He asks pouting, as he runs his fingers through my hair absentmindedly.

I smile and say, "it's a good thing I can still play with yours." As I tangle my fingers in his curly hair that I love.

"Ready to go?" Shawn asks. I nod and we leave. We end up going to a little Italian restaurant near my house, because shawn was convinced I was gonna get sick again and he wanted to be near my house.

"Thanks for tonight. And taking care of me this week." I say when we are sitting on my couch later.

"Anything for my girl." He says resting his forehead on mine. He puts his hand on my cheek and leans in. I start to do the same, but pull back quickly. 

"What was that for?" He asks, throwing his hands up in confusion.

"I don't want to get you sick, just incase I am still sick." I say.

"Come on. You play too much." Shawn says gently pulling me towards him. He kisses all around my face, causing me to erupt in giggles.

"You're cute." He says.

"You're hot" I laugh in response.

"I better get going, I have a meeting tomorrow." He says, standing up and walking to the door. I follow him.

"Do you have to?" I whine.

"You're not sick are you?" He asks, suddenly concerned.

"Cough cough" I say.

He rolls his eyes playfully, but then there is a serious and almost sad expression on his face. "I don't know when I'll have time to see you again this week. This is gonna be a crazy set of meetings." He says.

"Oh" I say sadly.

"Yeah, but I'll call you as much as I can." He says.

"I'll see you later, okay?" I say holding his hand in front of me.

"Okay, bye babe." He says, gently dropping my hand and heading out.

I realized something. Today is August sixth. And in two days is Shawn's birthday. I can go surprise him!

Authors note. I know that it's not August right now. But just use your imagination. Plz and thx 💜