Chapter One

(Y/n) Pov:

  It was the night before Christmas Eve. It was cold with cloudy sky's threatening to snow shower on me. I was walking into town to buy some food and gifts for (family members / friends).

  I was wearing my favorite hoodie and jeans. My headphones plugged in with my favorite band playing, Set it Off. The only light guiding my path was street lights and the passing car's headlights. The streets were pretty empty but I didn't mind it. I was more of an introvert anyway. I'm not anti-social, people just annoy me, that's all.

  I took little sneak peeks at the window shops selling snow gear as I passed them by, when I came across the new shop that had just finished being built. It just so happened to be a cat shelter.

  Through the glass window I saw a little black kitten with a blue bow around his neck. I stared at the little fuzzball as he ignored me playing with the ribbon.

'Aw! I wish I could just take him home with me!' I thought to myself.

  I watched as he pranced around his enclure, pawing at the strings of his ribbon, slowly untying the bow. It was so cute! Well that is until...

'Oh, no.. it's turning into a knot! I'll just get the clerk to untie it so he doesn't choke.'

  I hurriedly made my way over to the doors of the shop outstetching my arm to open the door. It was locked. I looked over to the kitten. HE WAS CHOKING!!! I knew I had to hurry. I started to frantically bang on the door, yelling, and screaming for someone to let me in but no one came.

"SOMEONE OPEN THE DOOR!!!" I yelled, uselessly pounding my hand on the glass door, and pulling on the handle.

"PLEASE!!!" I screamed as a last resort before giving up on yelling for help. I lifted my dominant foot into the air and smashed through the glass. The alarms sounded but I didn't care. I ran over to the suffocating kitten where he now lay on his side, barely breathing with wide frightened eyes. I quickly untied the knot around his throat.

'Oh my God! Why would someone just leave a kitten with a ribbon around its neck unattended!? Obviously this was gonna happen!!! Some people just-'

  My thoughts stopped in their tracks when I checked his breathing. The ribbon was off but his breathing was still very shallow.

'Am I too late!? No..Please no!'

  I checked the kittens pulse. His heart was still beating, though it was faint. But it wouldn't be for much longer if he didn't get immediate medical help.

  I quickly scooped him up into my arms.

"And were do you think you're going?" A deep voice called behind me.

'Oh crap..'

"Uhh, I'm sorry, but this kitten-" I stopped when I saw the person's face.

  There were five people within my perpetual vision. Four of them in cloaks. They stood in a circular formation around me, leave no room to run between them. The one in the middle was walking up to me cautiously. He had brown hair, golden eyes, and a bird mask covering his lower face.

'Villains..'