Chapter Eight

(Y/n)'s Pov:

'Where on earth... are we?'

  Shinso and I had been walking for only about half an hour when he suddenly stopped by a huge, luxurious looking, building.

"Shinso?" He responded with a hum. "What... what are we doing here?"

"Shopping." His reply was as dry, blank, short, and as casual as usual.

"Yes, I know that. But... here!?" I blinked trying to make sure this was reality and not just my imagination.

"Yeah." Shinso started walking towards the large glass doors as casually as he would walk toward his own front door at home.

"But-!" I tried to protest to going into such a luxurious place.

"Get moving or I'm leaving you out here." He gestured a wave to get me inside.

"Coming!" I jogged a bit to catch up with him.

  We pushed open the giant glass-tinted doors. There infront of us was a huge display of feminine clothing, hats, perfumes, and jewelry with signs saying things like "Treat yourself!" or "You deserve some self care!"

"Well, don't just stand there. Go get some clothes or something." Shinso nudged my back with this arm, pushing me forward.

"But-" I stopped myself from protesting as I recalled how stubborn he was and how, once he said to do something, there was no chance he would take 'no' for an answer.

"Okay..." I finished.

  I walked towards the nearest clothing rack. I was eyeing a simple black tee shirt with a small white sketch of a cat design on the left breast pocket.

"You like that?" Shinso questioned from close behind me.

  I nodded in response. Shinso then took the shirt from me and draped it over his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"Holding a tee shirt." He stated confidently with a smirk.

"Very funny." I chuckled back.

  Shinso and I made our way around the store. He quietly walked close behind me making snarky remarks everytime I picked something out. I checked every price tag and made note of every penny I was spending so that I could pay him back later. I knew I would have to sneak it into his wallet, knowing him, but I hate to feel in debt to him. I already cause him enough trouble just by living with him rent free.

"Hey, Shinso?" I called out to him.

"Hmm." He hummed letting me know I had his attention.

"Do you think there's a changing room where I can try these on? I want to make sure they fit before we buy them." I continued.

"I'm sure there is. Let's go ask an associate. Too lazy to walk around to find one." He shrugged.

"Heh. That's so like you. Coffee drinking, lazy, cat man." I chuckled pointing at him.

"Ouch. Really (Y/n), you're gonna hurt my feelings." Shinso wiped a fake tear from his eye with his free hand.

"Ha. What feelings? Thought you were an empty shell?" I smirked.

"Good point." He smirked back at me as we walked.

"Good evening! Do you two need any help?" A bubbly blonde woman, wearing an employee uniform, chimed to us.

"Yes, actually! We're looking for a changing room. Could you point us in the right direction?" I beamed back.

"Sure! I'll just take you guys there."